Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom OR Brad Pitt?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Alomiakoda, May 18, 2004.

?

Which one?

1. Johnny Depp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Orlando Bloom

26 vote(s)
    81.3%
  3. Brad Pitt

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Well it's not really snobbery though. One of the things that draws me to Shakespeare is the history, and so if you move his plays to the modern day, then you remove a major part of what interests me.

2. DoktorAtomik

Oooh, I saw that outdoors in Glastonbury Abbey!

3. DoktorAtomik

Fuck knows, coz the local inbreds (no offence :) ) don't really understand enough words to follow plays 'n' stuff. If you're mobile though, Chepstow Castle and Tintern Abbey often put stuff on and aren't too far away.

4. Maon

Maon Member

have to a agree with dok wholeheartedly there Sal ... Johnny is way better than brad and it shows .. its very obvious man

5. Maon

Maon Member

Leonardo De Caprio ... sorry but that dude sucks

6. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Just going to add to the obvious, has to be Johnny Depp. Why ? Well because he can act! Don't get to see many films but I've enjoyed all the Depp films I've seen:Gilbert Grape,Sleepy Hollow,Edward Scissorhands,and a funny film with Marlon Brando called something like Don Juan de Marcos which noone else seems to have seen(maybe I have made that up)

Brad Pitt may be able to act,but I didn't like Fight Club and he certainly doesn't have Depps magnetism or chameleon acting ability.

Orlando Bloom is a pretty boy,but thats it as far as I can see

Oh and I agree with Maon, could never see what was attractive about Leonardo di Capprio , he always looks spoiled and sulky whenever I see him on screen.

7. DoktorAtomik

Didn't you like him in Gilbert Grape?

8. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Good Lord you are right Dok,that was Leonardo in Gilbert Grape, I forgot cos he was actually acting , oh and because I am fairly spaced from the little blue pills I'm taking for a gone manky gardening cut!

9. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

:eek: Oh God!! you had to actually start a thread about this didnt you :p

Brad Pitt is a pretty bad actor
    Orlando Blooms bloody boring
    So therefore Johnny Depp has to win because he has *some* talent (but he's still annoying) :p

If you want an actor who can act...Harrison Ford !

I dont spose the point of this thread was to talk about their acting abilities though was it? :p

10. DoktorAtomik

He's kinda like Sean Connery in that respect. He plays the one character really well! And god help him if he ever gets a role where he's required to smile!

11. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

Yeah ...Harrison Ford should stick to doing Indiana Jones films until he dies :p

12. DoktorAtomik

Shouldn't be long then! Actually, they're working on a new one at the mo. Woulda been filming by now except George Lucas wasn't happy with the script (although Spielberg was, and I know who's judgement I'd be going with....).

13. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

14. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

Well isnt Sean Connery a better actor now he's like 100 ?? :p

15. DoktorAtomik

Yup. You think that's bad, there's still rumours that Lucas might actually finish off his original Star Wars plan and make three sequels to the original trilogy. Makes ya wonder if he'd try and get the original cast back. Carrie Fisher's up for it apparently, and as for Mark Hamill.... well, it's gotta beat a welfare cheque, huh? ;) Harrison Ford would probably do it if you offered him enough money. But still..... Episode 7: The Zimmer Frame Strikes Back?

16. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I've always thought that Sean Connery was one of those actors who played Sean Connery very well,if you see what I mean. He's not like your Johnny Depps or Daniel Day Lewis,people who change completely into the character they are playing.

If you cast Sean Connery you know what you are going to get and he does it well, and in that sense yup he fits well with Harrison Ford. But I don't think Sean is getting better with age, its just he's been being Mr Connery for a long time now, he ought to be good at it!

17. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

:mad:
    I knew there was a reason for limiting the life span of us human beings. It's to stop never ending sequels of films that we used to love:)

Ah tis a shame I used to have a real soft spot for Mr Ford after that scene in "Witness" where he dances with Kelly McGillis to Sam Cook singing" Wonderful World" on the radio.

18. boog

boog A square peg

so is this thread about the best looking or who is the best actor then?
    cos they all are pretty much stereotypical pretty boys.
    and depp is only intresting cos he's not scared to go out on a limb (dead man, fear and loathing, edward scissor) could you imagine anyone else of his popularity wanting to risk their pretty boy image??. not many im sure

19. butterfly

butterfly Member

Man, if you were an 11 year old girl when titanic came out (as I happened to be), then leonardo dicaprio was the best thing on earth. Oh the memories of incidents involving my fellow classmates and leo posters....

20. DoktorAtomik

Bollocks. Just coz an actor gets women drooling over them, it doesn't mean that you can automatically dismiss them as a 'pretty boy'. Jonny Depp is 'interesting' because he's a good actor.