John Titor

Discussion in 'The Future' started by crashandburn, May 31, 2004.

1. crashandburn

crashandburn Member

Any of you believe the so-called John Titor time traveler? What's your views upon him and his tellings of what the future will bring?
    www.johntitor.com

2. mimosa

mimosa Banned

I had read his website awhile back, and while I do believe anything is possible, I'm kind of neutral about whether he's for real. I have a hard time believing there's going to be civil war in the U.S. this year, even though, yes it is possible. Anything's possible.

It's also possible that just by John Titor being here (supposedly) and stating things the way he did, that the course of the future is changed. It doesn't take much to alter events on this earth (a grain of sand falls on the Sahara....etc), but stuff like this does make you think.

this link I had not seen before, from that site, kind of interesting:

http://www.uboeschenstein.ch/boe/themes/multiversum.html

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my impression was that he was intended to be taken with a very large grain of salt while holding the toungue firmly in cheek. 30 years ago there was a james martin thomas scanlon III and another 20 before that an ian McCargh. i do know that somebody messed with our world's history several times in the last three or four thousand years. the're footprints are all over the place clear as anything for any timelord who cares to come along and read them (or anyone else who thinks that much about what the're seeing). but this tittering john ... whellllll - i really honestly don't think what i saw on the site in question was entirely intended to be taken all that seriously.

4. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

John Titor is fake. I read up on this a little while ago and my friend and I did some research; there was an rpg game in the 80's that depicted exactly the same scenario as Mr. Titor did. Smells like a pile of booooolshit.

5. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

I also read that...and i didnt beleive him...it seem kind of weird...

6. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

All who are familiar with hoaxes realize that there is always a clue that gives it all away, but is always well-hidden in an obvious place.

I was pondering this for a while, and then I took a look at his name: Titor. This is a very uncommon name, and there are many theories surrounding it, the most popular stating that it is a Roman numeral that gives away a time, date, etc. But I wasn't convinced.

I thought about the letters, and turned them backwards: Rotit. Or, if spoken phoenetically: Wrote it.

John wrote it.

*yawn* Another hoax, easy come, easy go.

7. DeepTrance

DeepTrance Member

I do believe time travel *is* possible but I do not believe we can achieve it by artificial means. It would take so much energy and cause so much disturbance in the surrounding space that it is not practical.

It is easier for me to believe that aliens are here rather than a time traveller.