John Lennon irritates the hell out of me.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by wave owls not flags, May 31, 2007.

1. hippie-McHipperson

hippie-McHipperson Member

p.s love is all you need

2. jamesford

jamesford Member

I love that song, and I really beleive Love is all you need. But it is a differant type of need. If we have love surrounding us, everyone will help take care of one another. That is how it always worked in tribal anarcho-communist environments. People just tooke care of one another out of love. They still had a need for food and shelter, and all that stuff, but love kept them together so that they could work together to attain it. In our society, we havem much less love so it has been replaced with love of possesions. We need money because we don't have the love we need. My theory anyway...

Lennon's solo stuff is quite interesting. The stuff I like are some of my favorite songs. The ones I don't I almost hate. I don't listen to them ever. He doesn't have very many songs I am like "Ah, that's a pretty cool song". Pretty much all his stuff is either "Oh my gosh! This is the best song ever!" or "Ugh, I can't stand this one!".

But the stuff John did was all based on artistic vision. If it did nothing else, it inspired people. Really what does a protest do? The only purpose is to draw attention to your cause and unite people so they will stand up. That is basically was the bed peace thing was about too. He was drawing attention to his cause. Any time John Lennon did anything it would have made the news. He chose to add some artistic flair to it. Not anyone could do that. No one cares if you or I have a bed in, so we have to go march at the white house and make a lot of noise with a bunch of people to get the attention we need. John just had to say "I'm staying in bed and letting people come in with cameras to ask me questions".

Just thought I'd throw some of my thoughts into the ring...

3. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

I just cant stand when people compare john lennon to gandhi or mlk jr