John Lennon irritates the hell out of me.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by wave owls not flags, May 31, 2007.

1. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i'm reading the gonzo papers right now actually and absolutely loving it...stephen king is good for alot of people...doesn't make him good but alot of people find him easy to read
    i agree though that at least lennon reached alot of people, hoffman was a better activist but not alot of people remember him the way they remember lennon...

2. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

ehh. :rolleyes: I like Stephen King kinda. I liked The Long Walk a lot, at least.

And he's kind of a perv. :D

3. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

Reading Stephen King is still better than not reading at all :rolleyes:

4. wave owls not flags

wave owls not flags is not interested

hmmm....maybe

I'd rather not read at all than read Stephen King. :D

5. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

no no :D read The Long Walk. :D It's great. He wrote it under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman. :D

6. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

how do you figure that?

7. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

i dont have anything against lennon. he seemed like he was a pretty cool guy.

8. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I loved John in the early to mid '60s and 1980.
    However, he got pretty annoying in the '70s (thanks, Yoko).

I like all of the Beatles, but I've always liked Ringo the best (then George) because he didn't get as obnoxious as John did with his beliefs. Ringo has beliefs and opinions, I'm sure, but he doesn't shove his politics down your throat, and I've always liked that. It's not bad to share opinions, but damn, sometimes I just want to listen to the music, and that's just what Ringo gives ya: the music without a lot of other filler.

9. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I'm impartial to the beatles. At one point I loved them and since then have just slowly distanced myself from their music.

But once their music stops playing, i could care less about what they have to say...

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, considering you're attaining something...

It would depend on that of the situational perception of the person.

You're still attaining something, either way. Wether it be totally useless or the cornerstone of a future career... or... you become inspired to get a sex change and start calling yourself Lucy Caboosey, trickin yoazzes all over the place... we will, we will rock you. :D It's all the same bag, man. You're either in it, or you're out.

Though, perhaps that was a bit too existential of a description. It works.

11. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Yes, reality is entirley subjective and at the disposal of every individual. Equaly shared, definitley defined and purley personal, while at the same time connected with all other perspectives. Everybody is right, to themselves. :)

12. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Funny, John is my favorite Beatle.
    Always has been and always will.
    When I was born, #9 Dream was playing.
    Funnily enough, I've listened to him all my life.
    He is amazing, my idol, and I love his guts.

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

George is my favorite beatle... haha, I always feel like he was off in the corner somewhere.

Ringo wasn't even there, half the time. :D

14. hippy i am

It's funny how the Beatles are characterized. John's my favorite. Then comes George. Then Ringo. And lastly, Paul. I'm not real partial to Paul. I always felt like he was the "poster child" and was only in it for the fame. I don't know, that's how he always came across to me. John, was the rebel, the trouble-maker, and he also wrote some of the best lyrics. I like George for his Spiritual journey throughout his tenure with the Beatles and then onto his solo carreer. His songs are more often than not, more spirtually personal, especially when he plays his sitar, oh man, his music is, for lack of a better adjective, beautiful. Simply, beautiful. Ringo always seemed like he was nudged into the same corner that George was nudged into. Ringo is just a damn cool stage name. Octopus' Garden is an awesome song. And Yellow Submarine is my favorite song with Ringo in the lead vocals. Although, Across the Universe in my favorite Beatles song.

15. -peaceman69-

-peaceman69- Member

Also Timothy Leary commissioned the song Come Together for his California
    governor campaign.

16. hippy i am

Yes, we know.

17. -peaceman69-

-peaceman69- Member

When I first saw this thread I thought the title was “John Lennon imitates the
    hell out of me”. Isn’t dyslexia fun!

18. hippie-McHipperson

hippie-McHipperson Member

John Lennon and Hunter S. Thompson are both fucking amazing x 10

p.s why is everyone hating on Stephan King?

19. WVHippie

WVHippie Member

Both John Lennon and Abbie Hoffman are gods to me! :)

20. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Because he isn't dead yet, so we can still make fun of him. Also, anything that is as massively popular as king just can't be any good. Plus, he hates adverbs, like massively.

I like John Lennon's music, some of it's really beautiful, most is utter crap (as with any artist i can think of). However, he was a musician, not a political philosopher, so when people quote him to justify their own views it irritates the crap out of me.
    It's like how people quote Einstien on religion, politics, and (incorrectly) bees. he was a brilliant physicist, but those skills don't exactly translate into brilliance in other sciences(god does, in fact, play dice with the universe).