John Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonky, May 10, 2004.

1. Jozak

Jozak Member

I want church reform as well, but going against MAJOR teachings like abortion (which will never change in the Church, and rightly so) and sitting there and claiming to be Catholic, is hypocritical. He has defended and promoted abortion legislation multiple times, including "partial birth" or LTA abortions.
    He attended PRO ABORTION rallies and then went and had the nerve to take communion at his Church in Boston; it's absurd. John Kerry said he was a, "believing and practicing Catholic." Well, no, he is not. He might be practicing, but he certainly is not beleiving. And are you Catholic? If not, you really do not understand why many Catholics in this country are ticked about this.

2. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

Whether I am Catholic or not has no real bearing on the issue ( I am no longer a practicing Catholic). Although you are probably correct and the Church may never uphold the right for a women to have an abortion, there are entire groups and organizations of PRACTICING Catholics who are pro-choice. It is certainly your right to disagree with them, however primacy of conscience still exists. There are conservatives within the Church who would like to change that but until they succeed these people can still consider themselves good Catholics whether you do or not. And whether any clergy member does or not.

3. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

How to end a political debate...add religion!

Changeyourlatitude

4. smartass

smartass Member

-He has done nothing but betray this country since 1971.

-He lied about Vietnam while good soldiers died.

-He aided and habored communists while our good soldiers died.
    -He has voted against virtually EVERY weapon we use to win the war on terror today.

-He has voted many a time to cut military intellegence funding.

-He has voted 350 TIMES to raise taxes.

-He flips flops on:
    abortion
    taxes
    the Israeil security fence
    owning an SUV
    being for the Iraq war
    being a liberal

-He has voted TO EVEN CUT BODY ARMOR FOR OUR BRAVE TROOPS.

-He has betrayed his Catholic faith by being for abortion

-He is arrogant

-He is foul-mouthed

-He lies constantly

-ANYTIME ANYONE STANDS UP TO HIM, HE SCREAMS THAT THEY ARE ATTACKING HIS PATRIOTISM.

PLEASR READ THIS ONSLAUGHT OF TRUTH AND USE COMMONSENSE AND VOTE FOR THE HONORABLE GEORGE W. BUSH IN NOVEMBER!

-

5. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Haha, you aren't really an actual right-wing idealogue, are you dude, that was a good parody of a simplistic textbook conservative rant. You live up to your screenname.:)

6. smartass

smartass Member

I am proudly a staunch conservative Republican, and that was ALL true.

7. Faerie Jane

Faerie Jane Member

Kerry has also admitted to being a war criminal. He should have been court martialed for the burning of villages and the deaths of innocent Vietnamese civilians. I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only one running.

8. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

My apologies then, carry on and do your thing. Have to say though, what makes being foulmouthed and arrogant important (or also how you evaluate that), many presidents have had those traits.

9. smartass

smartass Member

I supposse you're right, but Kerry has taken it further than the others I think.