John Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonky, May 10, 2004.

1. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

I think Sadam was given a long leash to compensate for President Carter putting his knee prints in front of the Iranian Ayatollah during the hostage crisis.
    Changeyourlatitude

2. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

Don’t you mean Reagan’s knee prints? Carter wouldn’t negotiate with the terrorists- Reagan broke US law when he traded weapons for hostages. :rolleyes:

3. Changeyourlatitude

Carter gave head to Iran and the Ayatollah long enough for America never to forget a Democrat need not apply for a vacancy in the Whitehouse while things are tough. He was an embarrassment.

Regan wasn’t perfect; I don’t recall him giving anyone head. But the Ayatollah had the hostages wrapped with ribbons before he completed his inauguration; the writing was on the wall.

How the Democratic Party moved back that far left during a period like this is unexplainable.

Changeyourlatitude

4. MushroomDreams

“Arms for hostages”, it was all over the news. Reagan’s people negotiated the deal. It’s no secret. Put the blame where it belongs.

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I agree with booshnoogs, he is a spineless tool. I wish the Democrats had picked someone decent to run against Bush.

I think it's funny that Bush's ratings keep going down but at the same time Kerry's ratings are not going up. I think that during this election many people will just not vote because neither candidate is any good. I know I don't feel like voting for either of them. And a lot of people (most probably) are just voting for Kerry because he isn't Bush. Which is a terrible reason to vote for someone. I just wish Nadar could win.

6. Bonky

Bonky Member

well, i see there's a lot to be said. I'm not from usa but am interested in usa's political situation. What do you ppl think, where's america going after the clinton? to me it seems down and down. Will things be any better?

7. MushroomDreams

Bush has spent 70million on misleading negative advertising. Last night he raised another 35million at one dinner. Don't be fooled by Bush's lies.

I don't think Kerry is perfect but there is a BIG difference.

The Economy
    The Environment
    Jobs
    Health Care
    Stem Cell Research
    Civil Liberties
    Supreme Court Nominies
    Our isolation from the rest of the world
    Honesty
    Just to name a few.

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Did I say that there wasn't a difference?

I said that people seemed to be voting for Kerry because he is not Bush, and I stand by that. I live in an almost entirely Democratic area and everyone I have talked to says that they are only voting for Kerry because they dont' want Bush, but they also despise Kerry. So are you saying that Bush is just paying them off to say that?

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

"Honesty"? Yeah fucking right. And how, pray tell, do you know that he is honest?

10. Jaque Imo

Jaque Imo Up on The Lowdown

I think John Kerry is as honest and dignified as any normal person. We all do stupid things and say things we regret...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US...At least hes not in the Oil business. And I bet if any of you actually sat down and talked to the guy you'd like him.

11. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Was he being honest when he was talking to a Muslim group earlier this year and he said that the wall being built by Isreal is abhorrent, or was he being honest a few weeks later when he was talking to a Jewish group and he told them that he is 100% behind the building of that wall?

12. Changeyourlatitude

What a love affair with Kerry?

He doesn't represent anything good for America. He's a traitor, no other definition of a person who stands in front of the world condeming his country.

He will enjoy his desired legacy if he wins to be just like JFK. Better check out his VP running mate because he will be the one who finishes the term.

But this is silly talk because he doesn't have a snowball chance in hell to win.

Changeyourlatitude

13. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I've almost had it with the Democrats clinging to their establishment and choosing tools like Kerry. They had a shot with Dean, or I'd go for Kucinich if he ever had a chance. And the Republicans shucked off their best candidate in 2000, McCain. Kerry's not exciting. But really, it's not like Bush is any better. And how is Kerry a traitor, are people not entitled to have dissenting opinions?

14. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Kerry tells you what you want to hear. He'a a good fast talker and people fall for him.

15. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I am voting Kucinich! I say he has a chance if you give him a chance as a voter

16. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, that sums up just what I was thinking.

17. Changeyourlatitude

LuciferSam
    “And how is Kerry a traitor, are people not entitled to have dissenting opinions?”
    The protest in Hanoi Kerry attended watching American soldiers being tortured giving comfort to the enemy. He public ally blamed the American soldiers.

The protest should have been in Congress, the root of the soldier’s problems. To aid the enemy is treason. Had it happened in WWII he would have been shot!

Viet Nam was a stupid war; a stupid fought war and I don’t blame anyone for disagreeing with the government’s judgment. However, change the government, don’t blame some draftee for all bad that happened there, blame congress, loud day after day.

Changeyourlatitude

18. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

He publically condemned the administration which was continuing the war, which is his rightful civic duty (more so having served and seen firsthand our systematic atrocities there). He also condemned the barbaric practices of SOME soldiers, which again is right to do.

Frankly you sound like a Fox News junkie and regurgitate all the same misinformed propaganda heard endlessly from their hate-filled neo-con pundits.

19. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Another flip flop...

John Kerry, Saturday, May 8, discussing Abu Ghraib on CNN.

"[T]his is a moment for America to try to deal with this without any partisan politics. This is not about politics. This is about our country. This is about how we're going to be stronger."

Email from the John Kerry campaign, Friday, May 7.

"Over the past week we have all been shocked by the pictures from the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. John Kerry has called on Donald Rumsfeld to resign, and today we're asking you to support him by adding your name to the call for Rumsfeld to resign."

20. Changeyourlatitude

Lick

I was there! Drafted in 1967, Nov. 13th to be exact. I stood in the shower with draftee hippies with short hair picking shrapnel from each other’s backs.

They told the stories until the Me Lei investigation shut everyone’s mouth. I know exactly what happened. I don’t have to watch Fox News. I do though along with CNN and CMBC. I receive both Democrat and Republican propaganda on my email because I’m interested in both views.

Apparently you have only one view.

Changeyourlatitude