Joe Rogan

Discussion in 'People' started by unfocusedanakin, Jan 11, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I really don't care for the guy. But other people with the interests I have love him. I think his podcast is one of the most popular in America.

For me it's that although he tries to come off as some enlightened person he has a lot of old school hate filled and ignorant opinions. He thinks that since he has done some drugs he's a different guy than he is. He's a frat bro out for white men's rights only. Also when it gets down to discussion he only knows one of two little facts on an issue and ignores everything else to fit that narrative. The kind of intelligence that looks good until you dig deeper.

Some of his guests are interesting though.

Spilled-Patchouli likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm curious nowadays why you need to do a podcast or radio show with headphones on

Im like dude, if you are going to film the podcast at the same time, and you are talking to a guy 2 metres in front of you, you dont need clunky headphones for the producer to whisper in your ear, or to hear the video playing thats three feet away

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I agree with you to an extent, Anakin. I listen to his podcast because he is a talented interviewer (up to a point), and his guests are usually quite interesting. He is quite tiresome with his opinions and often ignorant side-rants. I was listening to the episode with Mikhaila Peterson, and he hijacked the conversation for at least 30 minutes with a rant about how fat people are stupid and lazy. And he is constantly showing off how wealthy and enlightened he is. I've never seen someone so "wise" brag or show off so often.

eggsprog likes this.
  4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

interesting insight, i wouldn't want him for president tho

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm sure we could find things to bitch about most people who put themselves out there like that.

I respect the guy, I like his candidness. I think he's underappreciated in regards to his work in getting info out there about psychedelics through his own knowledge and experiences, as well as some of his guests, who are more knowledgeable.

He holds his own as a host with the variety of people I've seen from varied disciplines that come onto his podcast.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I often find myself thinking his guests are a lot smarter than he is, and wishing he wouldnt ramble as much and would give them more of a chance to speak - particularly his more introverted guests who arent going to try to steer the conversation or talk over him. I agree with YFM there, he can be a hijacker of conversation, and not in an interesting way

But overall he's alright and I enjoy his podcast

Spilled-Patchouli likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You know who I think should run for President, Dave Chappelle, that dude has personality in spades, I could listen to him for hours

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Bet you never think that with the likes of Rachel Martin or David Broncaccio(No idea if that’s how you spell it)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  9. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

great comedian, dude is probably paranoid schitzo tho.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

where are your youtube channels enlightened ones?

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

giphy-1.gif

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I like Joe Rogan,

A few days ago I listening to one of his interviews with Alex Jones from back in 2017 and he sounded very reasonable, and even debunked Pizzagate………….but then again
    who doesn’t sound normal sitting beside Alex Jones

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The first I heard of Joe Rogan was when he had Alex Jones on as a guest too, but it would have been a really early podcast. He was telling Alex Jones about DMT entities and Alex Jones was tripping out on it lol

Then he was off my radar for a long time, then I started hearing about him in connection with UFC and thought it was weird he was the DMT guy

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He often is

16. quark

quark Parts Unknown

OP would commit suicide watching Joey Diaz hahahahahahahahahhhh

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I kind of had an "off the radar" experience with him too but in a different way.

Do you remember The Man Show ?

Well Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope replaced Adam Corolla and Jimmy Kimmel on that show, which at the time I found disappointing, because I thought Corolla (peak of Love Line years) and Kimmel were more funny. It's ironic now because I'd probably put Stanhope in my Top 5 of living comedians and I prefer Rogan's comedy and just generally what he does overall compared to the other two now as well.

But somewhere around the beginning of this decade, I came across some Stanhope stand up specials on youtube that were amazing and I think based off watching those, I got some Joe Rogan stuff pop up in the recommended feed videos from time to time, so I would check those out, from there I found some vids of him discussing psychedelics and gravitated towards more of his stuff.

I think perhaps the boldest move of his career was hosting for the documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule because I believe this was fresh off of Fear Factor and he was still announcing for UFC, so given the nature of psychedelics in society at large, that seriously could have backfired on him.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  18. unfocusedanakin

If he is the guy I am thinking all he does is talk about his old drug using days. That's how a lot of NA people end up. The new addiction is going to the meetings and they are not really interesting at all. So all they can do is share shock value stories of how far gone they were.

That's probably not why you want me to hear them though.

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Where has quark been?

20. unfocusedanakin

As someone who has been to Boulder it's also a very right wing make your money and pay an accountant so you don't pax tax area. It's a crazy place where the two groups exist side by side.

Sounds like he is talking about what hippies would call wooks in this rant. We agree they are no good. They just come to steal your shit or take any free drugs you offer. They are not really ready for the personal commitment of effort to the group that hippes are. Like you can not always take. Someone had to give that so if you give something it all works out mannnnn.

But this is why I don't like him.