Joe Biden Second Term?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Jan 23, 2023.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Joe would be 86 at the end of a second term.

Robert Reich says in the (Guardian UK): "That’s deeply worrying, given what we know about the natural decline of the human brain and body. This isn’t an “ageist” prejudice against those who have reached such withering heights so much as an understanding that people in their mid-80s do wither."

The Democrats have an extremely urgent situation regarding this and must deal with it, on top of everything else going on in the swamps of the District of Columbia. I would say it's an urgent priority.

Biden has already expressed his egotistical desire to run for a second term, 'of course!'

How could he be a capable and focused world leader at that age, or even a year from now. Imagine the stress and strain from another election campaign and what that would do to him.

Another aspect to think about is if not Biden, WHO?

You can read Robert Reich's carefully worded writings on the Guardian, UK News.
    Is Joe Biden a viable candidate for 2024? | Robert Reich

GrayGuy57 and Piney like this.
  2. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Advanced age is certainly a MAJOR factor when debating whether Biden will announce a 2024 run or not.

Are there underlying age-related health issues that we are not aweare of?

Not only his age is against him, but also, his current low approval rating as well as the last classified documents investigation.

Bernie Sanders, likewise, IF he decided to toss his hat into the ring, also has his age working against him.

WHO will run for a Dem president in 2024?

I sure as heck, in all honesty, have NOT a single clue......

"Live long and prosper"

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Josh Shapiro took Harrisburg. Is DC next?
    [​IMG]

4. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

I have much doubt that Joe Biden will have a second term. But, you never know what the results of an election will be - impossible to predict with certainty.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  5. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

I agree; I, personally doubt that Mr. Biden will have a second term.

But, then again, as you say, the situation is impossible to predict with absolute certainty.

I often wonder if Mr. Biden is has any age-related health issues that have not been made public (recall Reagan and Alzhiemers)

The best any of us can do, at the present is to simply sit, wait, and speculate.........

"Live long and prosper"

6. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I don't want Biden or Trump to run. Too old, much baggage.

MollyCuddled, Piney and scottdfg like this.
  7. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

When I think of "young" Presidents, JFK, Bill Clinton, and Obama come to mind.

Obama was the last "young" president we've had, to date.........

"Live long and prosper"

8. scottdfg

scottdfg Banned

Ya got that right Toker!!

Alot of people want Ron Desantis.. Do you think he would do good?? (He is in florida now)

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think he'd be an absolute disaster! He's an authoritarian in the style of Trump, making headway by dividing people, playing to the religious right, going after minorities like LGBTQ's, and putting government in the classrooms. If you like Fascists, vote for him!

Piobaire, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some people must like the little authoritarian bitch----he's governor!:cool:

11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

They like him in Florida. Almost as bad as Texas!

scratcho likes this.
  12. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

Neither Trump or Biden are liked or accepted by their parties. Both parties for the good of America needs to come up with new candidates that will be accepted and help join us. Separated we shall ALL fall!

MollyCuddled likes this.
  13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

like who?

Josephinelcajon likes this.
  14. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Biden sure did a great job on his bully pulpit last night - you'd never know he wasn't liked by his fellow Democrats there - but I consistently hear negative comments about Joe Biden from "regular American Democrats". I don't get it. I support him and his efforts and I think he's done a great job. However, I am not so sure - at his age - that he should run again. If he does, then I would strongly suggest that his VP step up her game - because she is a heartbeat away - and I hear even more people are less impressed with her.
    I am at a point where I just don't want any of the radical right candidates getting elected - that's all I care about. I have not forgotten the damage they have done over the last several years.
    WHO is a very good question.
    Josh Shapiro may be a good choice. I've wondered what Andrew Cuomo is up to - but he is too controversial. Are there other governors who could be excellent candidates for the highest office?

~Zen~ and Tishomingo like this.
  15. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I dunno, I worry about Joe having enough umph to defeat the next whacko they put up for office.

How about Joe Kennedy 3rd ? Got charisma. Got the name. Got the dough, for sure.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  16. thepapasmurph

but he lost his last bid for Congress in Massachusetts. I don't know.

17. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Harris will be of no use, except to get minority and women voters...maybe. She needs to start waving her flag soon. At least she got rid of that goofy assed giggle she had at every conversation in the campaign.

18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Trying to overturn the 2020 election and seize power in a coup d'etat is certainly in a special class when it comes to damage. If they succeed in getting back into office, we can kiss democracy goodbye.
    WHO is a very good question.
    Shapiro, if successful, would be our first Jewish President, given the current upsurge in Anti=Semitism, that would certainly be an achievement--and possibly risky for Democrats. I think Cuomo, unfortunately, is probably out of the running because of sexual harassment allegations and his handling of COVID in nursing homes.

scratcho and thepapasmurph like this.
  19. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

They're relative nonentities politically. I think the magic of the Kennedy name has probably faded over the decades. Maybe Sherrod Brown, senator from Ohio, if not Gavin Newsom, California governor.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  20. thepapasmurph