Joe Biden--our new president!!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by scratcho, Jan 20, 2021.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Very nice sunny day. No disruptions. A great speech by Mr Biden. I'm still watching and breathing a HUGE sigh of relief hoping that the recent past can be overcome by all of us--left--right--and center and can bring peace, respect and honor back in our country.

The fool ,Pompeos parting shot was ridiculously wrong ----"multiculturalism is not who we are!" Look at our legislators---look at the places we shop--our schools--on our streets. There are people from EVERY NATION on earth that live here and comport themselves as decent citizens of the United States of America. Multiculturalism is exactly who we are and we should take pride in that fact.

As this administration begins , let's ALL take the time to actually SEE what their priorities are and hope that they will be successful for ALL Americans, especially those that have been so upset over the last seemingly interminable period of time. PLEASE FOX 'news ' PLEASE Q-ANON, PLEASE right wing talking heads---turn down the hateful rhetoric and lets ALL hope that our new president succeeds. For if he SUCCEEDS--WE WILL ALL SUCCEED.
    HELLO WORLD-----WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!

2. scratcho

Bump---c'mon --let's have some opinions!:)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Wishing Biden and Harris all the best... There's a lot of work to do.

Expecting Fox News to play fair? Well that's another matter. They won't.

scratcho likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Biden would require extensive plastic surgery, to make him less believable. He would make a great school principal, and crosswalk guard, but he is just another fucking lawyer. Whether the man even has balls remains to be seen.

5. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

It is a relief knowing that you kicked your bad orange man out. All the world is aspiring to a bit of normality and Trump was the opposite of normality. I wish we'll get rid of Berlusconi too. He was our trump and sadly he remains in a position that allows him to do further damage: he's still breathing. At least they say so.

scratcho and granite45 like this.
  6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Normality, as in the north pole no longer existing, and rapidly rising sea levels, while everything including the birds and the bees die. White people are so toxic, they are killing themselves faster than any population on the planet.

7. scratcho

It's too much to expect Fox to change or lighten up on their anti-American badinage. They've fired most of their news side and are changing to more opinion type shows. New bullshit is on the horizon by the likes of those disgusting, amoral people --Hannity, Piro, Carlson, Ingraham and of course that insane Lou Dobbs on Fox business. One of their newest pieces of bullshit includes--- The CREATION OF RE-EDUCATION CAMPS. These people are NOT hoping for Biden and this administration to succeed for the good of the country in any way. Watch for the spurious, false and fantasizing claims coming from the usual far right wing liars. Republican legislators can be expected to continue the blocking of any and all things good for working people and to maintain their obsequious fealty to the ultra wealthy.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    jagerhans likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The entire word population is at the mercy of it's media and today in the west, social media compounds this effect.

While we don't want our government to control our media, neither do we want our media to control our government and our lives.
    We have already witnessed first hand how only telling a selected segment of the truth about covid has created fear, panic and hostile action in the US and people cannot believe that total deaths in 2020 were almost identical to 2019. It was simply a DIFFERENT virus in our system at the moment of death.

Unfortunately, even your nutty professor cannot even dream up a possible workable solution on how governments and the media should best interact.

9. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Mr. Biden is better than what's-his-name, but that's not saying much. As I said in a previous thread, Biden is an Establishment Democrat. Once he undoes the layers of crap what's-his-name piled up, he's not going to do much too radical.
    I will say he has a hell of a task of uniting the Country, as if dealing with the pandemic weren't enough. At least he see unification as a valued, and valid, goal.
    And I did breathe a symbolic, and visceral, sigh of relief once both Biden and Harris took their oaths. I think Biden will be OK. He has White House experience. Kamala Harris will kind of have a bullseye on her being no doubt the tiebreaker for many a future Senate melees. I expect her to proceed calmly and confidently.
    Although he's a homophobic piece of shit, I think it was classy for Mike Pence to stick around. But I also don't hold it against what's-his-name for taking off before today's ceremonies. He made it clear he does not care for Biden, to say the least, but that's another story. It would be hypocritical for him to be there. Plus he was a joke president anyways, so he had no place there to begin with.

10. Tyrsonswood

You do know this is bullshit, right?

scratcho and jagerhans like this.
  11. jagerhans

It appears that for some people having an openly racist, mysoginist, bigot, far right mob enciting, lying, irresponsible, klansmen and dictators courting and visibly unhinged leader is just fine. What's become of you guys? I used to think that We the italians are the ones who do this kind of bullshit.

Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes but only in Las Vegas these days !!! ;)

13. wilsjane

When I saw the figures submitted to the world health authority, I too was surprised. Figures for the UK are up by 2% which is on the high side of normal for any year that includes a new virus strain.

However, as I have mentioned several times, in a normal year 8,000 people die every day in the US. Since 95% of all deaths involve a virus during the final 72 hours, adding covid deaths to the 8,000 is totally misleading since no one dies twice.
    Fuelled by the media, covid deaths are being banded around, but in a number of cases (around 7,500 per day), covid was not the PRIMARY cause of of their death.
    Put another way, around 4,000 daily deaths show cancer as the primary cause. If the covid figure is used, only 200 people have died of cancer.

As you can see, it is terribly confusing. Even showing the deaths in age brackets is misleading. Far more people die in their 80s than in their 20s with or without covid.

Mortality statistics can be hard to fully comprehend, but for every 250,000 people in excess of the 2019 figure who died, their lives were cut short by an average of 30 days.
    Figures given to the public without a full understanding are very cruel.

14. Tyrsonswood

preliminary data shows the year 2020 has already surpassed 3.2 million, marking one of the deadliest years in U.S. history,

Guess you missed that part ^^^

Oh, and they aren't done counting 2020 yet, so it will be higher than the preliminary data.

So... In summery. Saying "almost the same number of people died in 2020 as did in 2019" is to put it bluntly. bullshit.

hotwater likes this.
  15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

this is the part that I feel is unwarranted and severely under-scrutinized.

Which ME/Coroner got on his high horse and said "That's not because of Covid-19!".

Oh me oh my... what is the world coming to? And no...

Those people did die because of Covid-19; whoever told you otherwise is presenting a totallly biased version of reality - it's an alternate reality scenario that you should reallly really re-examine.

It seems to me that even when there are pre-existing conditions, onset of CoViD-19 is without question detrimental to health.

In general, these deaths that wouldn't have otherwise occurred (at this time or let's say within foreseeable time)*

Are CoViD-19 COD.

16. wilsjane

Hopefully when the true figures are published, they will be lower than you may be expecting.
    Unfortunately, seeing the way that Trump behaved, they may well be in excess of the figures of between 1 and 2% increase in Europe.

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I got a spam email, "Can Biden Unite America?"

No. It's not going to happen. America has gone through dozens of good presidents, and dozens of bad ones. For fuck sakes, BLM started during Obama's presidency. He was one of the best, and couldn't get shit done. Mainly because congress is nothing but a tug of war between crooked assholes. Humans are fucked in general, deep rooted natures to form faction and kill each other. Whoever thought we could have a cultural melting pot was delusional. I think the best America can do is focus their hate away from each other and on to another country. A united goal to turn Beijing into a smoldering hole in the ground might work for a while.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Stupid sod !!! - just like that worked in Vietnam and Cambodia didn't it ??? A backward, peasant army was able to hold and then beat the most sophisticated army in the western world which had the latest weaponry and technology available and it still got its arse kicked !!! The Chinese with an army numbers millions and having access to the latest weaponry and technology would be able to wipe the floor with a US army without even breathing hard !!!

jagerhans likes this.
  19. jagerhans

not to mention Afghanistan, "the land where empires go to die". last time I checked the yankee imperialists still hadn't achieved jack shit. The failure is so obvious that even Hollywood started shooting movies making fun of the US military effort in that country of hard-as-nails mountaineers. Even the Russian, a stubborn race by definition, found there their match among those mountain passes and indomitable guerrilla fighters.

[​IMG]

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

That's ok. You obviously have some kind of faith left in humanity, so you're not going to get what I'm saying.

So yeah. Let's just let China grow stronger while their dishonesty has killed over 2 Million world wide in 10 months. Hell, send'em some more bitcoin revenue too...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    wilsjane likes this.