Jock Itch

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by djomalley, Jun 29, 2013.

1. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

I played a lot of sports most of my childhood & even played varsity soccer for my high school but never ever EVER was jock itch a problem. After an almost 24 hour molly binge I had recently woke up to clearly what was my first case of jock itch, needless to say I was freaked out & pissed. I immediately hit up my local pharmacy & got creams, sprays, & anything I could find that would help clear it up. 2 weeks later there is almost no trace I ever encountered this problem. I had been talking to a few ppl online that I wanted to hook up with but obviously I've had to put that off cuz I don't want anyone to think I'm getting over a case of herpes or something, lol. I'm assuming all the friction & rubbing I did in that area on my molly binge accompanied with sweat, etc is to blame. Any other men ever come into a random pop up of jock itch? And if so how long were there traces that you did?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i've ever gotten jock itch. and i played sports too.

last summer, i did get some crotch chafing that lasted pretty much all summer due to the amount of sweating and walking i had to do every day, giving it no chance to heal. not the same thing, but a pain in the ass anyway.

3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I had the jock itch once I was in my 40s. I don't really remember all that much about the reason but I think lack of showering and doing something where I was sweating a lot.
    I rubbed some stuff on and it went away in a few days

4. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Thx for the replies, gentlemen. I know this is more common than I would like to think, but its honestly just creeped me out & made me more aware. Lesson learned! Always take a shower after you have crazy Molly induced sex all day before you fall asleep!

Today its literally almost gone. There is just two or three small marks from bumps that raised up around the edge but they are barely visible at all.

5. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Sure it wasn't a staph infection in a undesirable location?

6. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

I dunno, the jock itch cream & sprays sure did the trick. Ive never had either so I don't have much experience to go by. What would be the differences?

7. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Ask a doctor, I'm just throwing out suggestions for you to research.

8. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Well I did a bit of research after you mentioned it. The pics or symptoms don't rly match up for anything I experienced. And as I said, using the anti-fungal creams & sprays literally cleared it right up. I guess without seeing a dotor there is no way of knowing 110%, but I'm still pretty sure it was just Jock Itch. However, I rly do appreciate the input. Doesn't hurt do some extra research just to be sure.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I played sports when I was young and had it a few times. Tinactin cures it right up. I still can't wear underwear or I start to get a case of it. Heat makes it worse, but wearing loose fitting underwear,cleanliness(if you wear it) and changing to a clean pair every day is key.

10. thedocisin

thedocisin Member

Jock itch is a fungus, in the same family as athlete's foot. It really has nothing to do with sports, other than you can catch the fungus in public showers and the like. The sprays and such from the pharmacy clears it up just fine. Make sure you use the spray, cream, of whatever you choose for a couple of weeks AFTER it seems to have cleared up to ensure it's completely gone.

11. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Thx doc. Read somewhere to do that so I used well past what the directions suggested... I definitely don't want to have to deal with it again!

And I'm aware it has nothing to do with sports, but I just thought it was weird that there were other times in my life when I had a wayyyy higher chance of getting it but never did.

Anyway, looks like I'm all cleared up now. So bring on the molly induced birthday sex on Saturday!

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What it has to do with sports is,that if you are a male--you wear a jock strap to protect the plums. If you keep it in in your locker with your gym shorts instead of taking it home to clean-EVERY DAY--you will soon find out what it has to do with sports.

13. Rod Hardwick

Rod Hardwick Guest

Anti-fungal power, applied generously once or twice a day all around the scrotum and inner thighs, is BY FAR the best way to go. It is available without a prescription. It can also be used to prevent and cure athlete's foot.

If you tend to perspire a lot, you can use it daily as a preventive measure even after your current outbreak of jock itch goes away.

Creams and ointments are messy. POWDER is the best.