Job seeking and persistent.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by jmt, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Well as a few know I work in the medical field and at the moment I cant stand the people I work with. I like my job but theirs a lack of ethics and respect where i work. I know a rep that works in various hospital and recommended me to another hospital. Well i applied about six months ago and got a great interview but wasn't called back.

Now i was very impressed with their department since they let me walk around and see how it works. This same place is hiring again. The same rep tolled me to call Bill the manager and tell him I'm interested.

Well I wrote a email to the director and she spoke to Bill to call me. I spoke to him and he ask for me to fill out a application. I called him a week later to see where the application stood and tolled me he hasnt seen it and that HR hasn't send it to him. He tolled me to call HR and have them forward it to him. HR said that they will forward that application to Bill. I called today and they tolled me he wasn't in today. I will call tomorrow and see if he finally got the application.

This has been going on for a month now since i only called once a week. I dont want to call too much so it seems like am desperate but still persistent.
    Bill did tell me that theirs two positions opened so that seemed like a good possibly for me to get in.

Do you guys think am being jerked? or should I be persistent?
    I cant understand that if they aren't interested then why just tell me some bullshit excuse and tell me the position is taken?

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It's told.

I would make sure he gets your app but then wouldn't call any more than once a week.

3. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

A month?!? Sounds like you are being jerked tf around. This kinda behavior is all too common in the 305. Fuck these ppl, keep looking! There is something out there perfect for you!

4. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Yeah bro am sick of talkin to the guy plus his the one who called me so wtf? I wish he would give me some bs excuse and just tell me the job taken if he doesnt want me.

5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Its almost like that would be way too easy for some of these assholes. I swear it's like they get off on pulling ppl around like that. ugh... Good luck!

6. Desos

Desos Senior Member

you should just widen your search so that way you get 5 job offers at once. then you are choosing between 5 jobs instead of the employer choosing between 5 employees. puts the power in your hands.