Joanna Newsom

Discussion in 'Music' started by Subliime, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Subliime

Subliime Member

Has anyone ever heard of Joanna Newsom? I think she's great, if you haven't heard of her you should definatly try to hear it. Everyone I've played it for either likes it right away of she grows on them. If you have heard her what do you think?

2. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Yep very cool and a great voice, ever heard of Cocorosie, well worth checking out if you like Joanna Newsom

3. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

wow, I thought i was the only wierdo to like her. I heard the sprout & the bean on www.wfmu.org and went and bought the milk eyed mender the next day.

It boggles my mind realizing she makes all that beatiful sound with one instrument and ten fingers

4. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

5. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Just recently picked up 'The Milk Eyed Mender' after hearing 'Bridges and Balloons' on an acoustic/folk radio special. Very good album. It has easily fell into my 2004 albums of the year list and it could quite possibly feature at the end of the decade!

'This Side of the Blue' is maybe my top track, hard to say really. But aye, great stuff. Is this her first and only album? Information seems hard to come by.

6. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Just thought to say...A couple other acts which featured in the folk show were Devandra Banhart and The Fence Collective - Should you fancy checking them out I'd doubt you'd be all that disappointed :)

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i really dig her! She has an increadble voice, so unique and beautiful. I heard one of her songs ("the sprout and the bean"), and while ago, but finally got arond to getting it, very worth anyones time to check her out. Definitly one of the best albums of 2004.