jimmy hendrix

Discussion in 'Biography' started by zerokool280, Jun 6, 2006.

1. zerokool280

zerokool280 Member

i love to read biographies on jimi hendrix, so if u kno any good 1's than lemme kno, and ill read them, cause i luv hendrix.

2. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

my friend's dad has a book on jimi. i'm not sure what it's called, but it has a lot of sweet pictures and information. what an amazing guy. and what a coincidence, 'purple haze' just came on my playlist. :D

3. Forevergrateful420

Forevergrateful420 Member

I have a book on Jimi. It's called Jimi Hendrix: The Man, The Magic, The Truth. It basically takes you through his entire life. All the way from his childhood to his unfortunate death. It was written by one of his friends who he opened up to a lot. I haven't finished reading all of it but what all i have read is very fascinating. You should check it out some time.

4. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

I've heard of that book. From what I hear it's a really good resource for anybody interested in Jimi's life and background.

5. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

I don't know about books but that episode of Biography they did on him was really good.

6. **PsYcHoDeLiC**

**PsYcHoDeLiC** Member

whatever you do dont read the one written by monika danemman (sp?) as its basically a whole string of lies to cover up for her recklessness. which were all proved wrong. i would recommend "room full of mirrors" by charles r cross. real good read

7. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

yes....you gotta be careful which ones you pick up.

dont read anything by micahel jeffreys....he tried to morph jimis image into something it wasnt

8. jwalk4bama

jwalk4bama Member

you want a good hendrix biography well i read one called room full of mirrors and it rocked im doing a report on him based on tha book its quite enlightening

9. jwalk4bama

jwalk4bama Member

oh yes and monika danemaan she was a pretty frutifull teller so i dont advise that either

10. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

If you like comics, pick up Voodoo Child: The Illustrated Legend of Jimi Hendrix, by Martin I. Green & Bill Sienkiewicz. Better than I expected, for sure!

11. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

Yeah I read this one, its by charles cross. It's the best one I've read on Jimi. It's written by the same guy who wrote Heavier Than Heaven, which is in my opinion the best kurt cobain bio so far, that I've read anyways.

12. killuminati

killuminati Member

^i checked that book out from my library yesterday

i finished 2/3 of it today. i learned a lot about jimi that i didn't know.

13. Nirali

Nirali Member

I have Jimi Hendrix "Talking" (In His Own Words) by Tony Brown and it´s good reading. Objective I think. There´s no periodical bio, just quotation in different topics and lot of pics :)))

14. mrs_hendrix

mrs_hendrix Member

I have that book! I think, maybe... I have a book called "The Jimi Hendrix Experience". It's an awesome book that is kinda like a pop-out in the way that it has all these nooks and crannies filled with drawings he did as a kid, letters to his mum, lyrics sprawled on hotel papers and woodstock tickets :)

It's amazing :)