Jihad Bells

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 5, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

because he denounces terrorism .. the media dont like him.

reminds me of someone else..

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL

Someone that seems to be a conman and liar who is the darling of white supremacists – yes he reminds me of someone

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You sound offended on behalf of someone else. Very left wing of you. Muslims are not your pet or prop why do you assume they feel a certain way which benefits you?

Replace black person with Muslims and we have the Fox criticism of the left and BLM. Stick with your own race only.

It's good to have empathy though so don't feel bad.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Never said I had no empathy. That's just how you portray people you disagree with. Such ivory tower thinking.

5. 6-eyed shaman

We need more muslims like Tawhidi. I think his goals to reform and modernize the religion are a pipe dream. Yet achievable in the distant future.
    What few people realize is that there is NOT a defining line between moderate islam, and radical islam.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If there was a clear defining line between moderate and radical islam things would be much simpler. But just because there isn't always a defining line doesn't mean there are important differences between the two. They often make all the difference for many muslims in many different ways. Some more radical aspects seem to be partial culturally though.

7. unfocusedanakin

That is how many people see people like you. I guess like many thing it's all perception. I think back to the science that says the conservative mind is more prone to fear and less prone to empathy. Which is what leads to their thinking. It's how most animals react to threats. The left wing thinking is a minority. Most can only think for themselves.

I man Simon Posford writes songs for Berine Sanders. Some perspective on your interests.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So we should deny all of them visas then, yep, I agree

9. Asmodean

Visas are given to people, not religions. Denying a person a visa solely because they're muslim and muslim extremism is a thing is like locking up gays because they might fuck a boy ;) It may make sense to people who are really scared of/angry at homosexuality or in this case muslims, but not to anybody reasonable.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

I wonder how many people who have an issue with Islam know a Muslim. Or are they too afraid to? What is the point since I know what you are already.

They are nice people and most don't take the scripture to mean kill non-believers. If we apply gun logic to them. There are lots of good guy Muslims so it's unfair to make them victims when they do nothing wrong. It's a "mental health issue" for those who take the texts wrong.

11. Asmodean

Meh...

You're often stereotyping too rigidly imo. I hope its merely how you formulate your sentences and not mean them literally (its how i get misinterpreted too at times)
    About right wingers, about conservatives (they're not always the same thing), and frankly also about muslims. No, they're not all nice people. Plenty of them are, yes. But its worthy to use nuance.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, you are in the EU.

Tell us all the differences for work visas, resident visas, citizenship for people coming from member EU countries versus non member EU countries. Just a happy co-incidence the Middle East and Africa arent in the EU.

You also added muslim extremism, so you think your country has never denied a visa based on links to muslim extremism?

13. Asmodean

Not all muslim extremists have mental health issues either. Some just have a political motive and others have strong fundamental convictions that we may not find understandable but yeah, doesn't mean they're disturbed unfortunately. Not every extremist is brainwashed either. A lot are indoctrinated sure, but plenty embraced it through other ways

14. Asmodean

Strange question, as if i implied that i do think that, but i didn't.
    To answer it: if there are links to extremism. Not merely because they're muslim.

15. unfocusedanakin

It's a statistics thing for me. The changes of anyone regardless of religion killing you is less than them saying good morning to you. For this reason they are good people to me. But you are right you can not paint with too broad a stroke.

Asmodean likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Saying it like this makes sense :) Communication huh. We may sometimes think the same but if communicated too unfortunate we may still clash about it :p

Although there's a misleading typo: chanCes ..but point taken ;)

17. 6-eyed shaman

I’ve known a small handful of them. Lived with one for a year. Some of his friends came over from Africa and stayed with us for a few weeks. They went off to a party to celebrate Ramadan.

My roommate didn’t mind it when I cooked bacon or ham, but he hated it when I cooked artichokes, lol. I never cared to talk religion to religious people of any faith, so we didn’t talk religion too much. He and his crew weren’t serious Muslims because they loved to drink and get stoned. Comparable to my Mormon friends in high school who did the same.

However, he had some views on homosexuality, capital punishment, and the place of women in society that would trigger you much more than my petty jabs at Red Cortez.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL I wondered how long it would take you to bring up your supposed Muslim house mate. Here is something you said about him before.

But now you claim that

Seems like a contradiction or are you now going to claim you had two Muslim roommates one that you did talk to about Islam and one you didn’t?

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

See that sounds like his illiberal views were not actually about him being a Muslim but about being brought up in a conservative and patriarchal society.

It is not that long ago that many societies had illiberal views about homosexuality, capital punishment, and the place of women in society (and there still are) and that many people claimed to base these views on their religious beliefs (and many still do).

Take the US for example, many states had laws against practicing homosexuals with prison terms for offending, many European countries find many US states use of capital punishment abhorrent and it used to be a popular belief (especially on the conservative right) that a women’s place was in the home to do the cooking, cleaning, and childcare. And with the latter you have often complained about feminists saying –

I'd never fuck a feminist. Bestiality is illegal where I'm from

A ‘joke’ that seems to indicate your own views about women in society.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I had a muslim flatmate too when I lived in Syria for a year on a working holiday

He always wanted to go out drinking too

I always said to him, why go out to get hammered when we can get bombed at home

Barumpt-tish, thankyou, I'm here all week

McFuddy likes this.