jetlagged to fuck today !

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Mallyboppa, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Wouldn't mind but the flight back was half empty ( or half full if you are that sort ) and the hostesses started moving people about so everyone would get an empty seat next to them to give people more elbow room ( air transat has shite narrow seats ) ! All good until they came to the guy next to me " I am OK ill stay here " he said WTF ?

That (for me ) made the flight even more of a drag I could have kicked him ! course I couldn't sleep on the plane so now I feel Horrible and I got work tomorrow just hope I sleep OK tonight

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't sleep on planes either. I can't. Theong trip from America I just stayed awake reading a book. My last plane ride I manage to watch all the episodes of Young Sheldon and it ended just when we were landing so that was good.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

If He Declined To Move......Why Didn't They Give You The Option To Instead...???

Cheers Glen.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

Just don't fall asleep till bed time tonight..
    It's always worked for me.. im so glad im only doing short flights these days!

My problem.. on any flight, is landing! My lungs fill up with fluid, cough cough for a week..

5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I was with my wife there are three seats to each row !

Yeah I should have gone and sat with a stranger

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

The last time I flew from Toronto to Shanghai there was nobody in my row of seats. I sat in the middle with the armrests up like a fucking king. One of the flight attendants said "oh, someone was upgraded to first class". (Will never get that lucky again)

I feel you though. I'm always in a dream-like state whenever I get off a plane.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i've ever been on a plane that wasn't 100% filled.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Me, too and I haven't been on a plane in years.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  9. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I would have let one rip

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

11. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I freakin looooooooooove Steve Martin.

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Give me a break ….Try traveling in a C-130 Hercules

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When we lived in Ireland, I used to fly 2 return trips to London every week.
    As you can imagine, I got to know all the staff and frequently ended up on the flight deck.
    On one crossing their were cross winds at Cork and ATC diverted the flight into Shannon which would have left me with a 3 hour bus trip. That day we had a woman pilot and she just casually said "don't bother with all that, I will check the winds myself". We landed at Cork without any problems, much to the surprise of the airport who had sent all the staff home. As the passengers disembarked, they were all chanting "we have a woman driver". It was hilarious.
    On my next flight, I inquired who this strange woman was and discovered that she was the airlines chief pilot. I think that the reason that no one ever questioned her was that she had previously worked for 10 years as a military training pilot. Her job was based on HMS Ark Royal, where she trained and assessed RN pilots on landing Harrier jets in force 7 gale conditions onto the decks of aircraft carriers in the mid Atlantic.
    No doubt that was the reason that she refused to use the autopilot when she was flying as captain. She called it the useless idiots gadget.

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My little brother was bitching to me about being jet lagged from his San Francisco to Miami flight (3 time zones away). And I told him he had no idea what real jet lag was, since I had a red eye flight from Frankfurt Germany to Seattle, along with a canceled flight beforehand.