Jesusdied4you

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Eliot

Eliot Member

Ditto. Being raised Christian helped me find my own way.

2. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

You need a reality check. Religion is made by man, I never denied that. So is government. Does that not mean it can be corrupted. Most people use religion as a scapegoat, something to lean on when times get rough, or a "guaranteed" way into "heaven". True purpose of most religions: controlling the masses, corrupting your mind.

And, Epiphany, no offence, but stick to what you know. You don't have any clue about the war in Iraq if you think it's to "prove" ourselves.

And you're right, religion can not physically make you do anything. It works mentally, which is an even greater threat. It influences your thoughts, your actions, and your words. The people in the Middle East don't kill Americans because they're FORCED to. They do it because they believe in their mind that that is the right thing to do because that's what their religion tells them.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

religion is just a flag people fly. the reasons are rarely religious. usually purpose can be found in the basics: greed, fear, envy, so on. then, once people have one of these reasons to stir shit up, they'll slap a religious flag on in, then people like you, who don't like looking deeper, start screaming "LOOK, RELIGIONS CAUSED ALL THIS EVIL!" it's all nonsense, really.

4. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

dude, don't try to attack me if you don't know what i'm saying. you have no clue as to where i'm coming from if you think i look at the surface of religion and make assumptions.

my only real goal with religion is to expose it to the people who blindly follow it.

5. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't really understand. I know no one really wants someone preaching to them. But why strip people of their beleif? Yur goal is to expose religion as corrupt? I'm not really sure why you would want to do that. What's wrong with people leaning on religion when life gets hard? Or a "safe" thought in the back of their mind that they're going to heaven? I'm not really sure why you think it's so harmful. Even if I'm wrong, it's a nice comforting thought and it makes me want to go out and be kind and peaceful.

I guess I just want someone to tell me what's wrong with that. I don't beleive in being an evangelist, and I really disagree with holy wars and such, but for someone like me, who doesn't preach or read the bible, but beleives in God and Jesus, why is that so wrong?

6. mynameiskc

why? what's the point? you're just offended that they don't see things the way you do. and so you think to blame shit on religion. don't change your statement after the fact and say "that's not what i meant."

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It is to help the people. People should learn not to be so afraid. People should learn to think realistically. People should not waste money on a false belief. People should not waste time worshiping false gods. But most of all people should realize that they have to act, people pray for things (such as disasters) and feel they are helping, when really all they are doing is wasting time. If they acted more and prayed less they could make this world a better place. I am not someone who cares about making the world better, but many christians are and don't realize that praying doesn't help.
    If you really care about being kind and peaceful you would not need religon to help you.

8. mynameiskc

opinions are like assholes...

9. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

but how would convincing, me for example, help? I'm not afraid of anything, really. Nothing that God could help me with anyway. Even death. If I don't go to heaven and just die, I'm not afraid. I certainly don't spend money on church or religious things. I don't really waste time worshipping God. I do it at night before I go to sleep, throughout the day when things get though, and it makes me feel better. I could continue to be all pissed off, but it helps to pray. I've donated more money than I could really afford to the Red Cross, so it's not like I sit here praying and don't do anything. Religion helps me get through my day and waht some of you have to realixe is that I KNOW it could all be a farce and I don't care. Whatever helps me get through my day and puts a little bit of peace in my mind. Why do you want to strip that away from me? Just because you don't beleive in it? I disagree with some of your life practices, but I wouldn't ever try and take them away because they make you feel good. People get so pissed off when evangelists try and spread the word of God, and I think that you guys who are spreading the fact that religion is bogus is the same thing. You debate and provide information to change minds and hearts. There's no difference. It seems almost hypocritical what you're doing, to me.

I don't know. mynameiskc is right. opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

10. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

The Bible is without error because it was inspired by God (Look to the prophecies, only God can know the future). But you would not know that you are too close-minded to discover the Bible for yourself. Even most Christians can't defend the vality of the Bible(Now thats blind faith)..... So your mom not knowing that the Bible is 100% correct is not new to me.

It is common for people in our age to dismiss the Bible as "myth and ancient history." It is also politically correct to view Bible believers as closed-minded but the real closed-minded ones are those who neglect to check out for themselves what the Bible is really about (Why I Believe the Bible, Scott Huckaby).

11. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

If anyone is indeed searching for the truth in all this anti Bible and anti Jesus world a good start is just looking online.... if you are a skeptic of the valitity of the Bible there are numerous websites on the proof of the Bible. I have compiled a few into my own website:

http://r-campbell34.tripod.com/proof/index.html

12. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

The more you read the bible the more God shows you how true it is. That has been my experience. The truth can be seen in it's prophecies. The Bible is the only book that writes history before it happens. The future of the world is recorded within it's pages.

13. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

well, im not trying to deny that you could be write but a lot of these "prophecies" are so vague that NO WONDER they have happened.

14. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

The reason God gave up His son is because He was the only one who could live a perfect life. And to get into heaven requires perfection. God set it up that all people who give their life for Christ and try and live for Him will have eternal life. Old Testament prophecies written hundreds of years before Christ was born stated the same thing. God states that men are so evil they would rather believe a lie rather than the truth, so most people will die in their sins.

15. Eliot

Eliot Member

Yeah? Well, he should've shaved. Fucking mangy bastard.

16. interval_illusion

with that.... how does believing a lie make people evil?

i mean- if it was all real and all, wouldnt god make himself known instead of allowing so many people to burn in hell?

17. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

There are hundreds of prophecies and Jesus Christ fulfilled everyone. Way to much here for chance. Today the East Gate in Jerusalem is sealed just as the bible said it would be until the time of the end. When the East Gate is opened it will be Jesus Christ who will walk through it. The prophecy is not vague at all. And there are many more which speak about America, Israel, and the world. When you have a desire to know God, all these things are open to you.

18. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

God has given people the ability to know him most don't want him.

19. interval_illusion

can you please give me that passage and maybe some other ones?

thanks.

20. interval_illusion

i disagree there. there were LOTS of times that i wanted to believe and couldnt. why didnt God do something about that? or was i just not worthy then:rolleyes: