Jesusdied4you

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 17, 2005.

1. i love you. ;)

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

.bang outta order .you seem to have a lotta hatred deep in your soul to wish somebody like jesusdied4u death . so tell me coz people have different beliefs than yours you wish death upon them:( . (maybe you were a roman soldier in a past life)/ .in your opinion all christians should be put to death ?.why dont yer wear a swatziska and be done with it . is there any body else you would like to have put to death . your avater states nocturnal spirit / therefore there must be a holy spirit ?. in my opinion you are one bitter and twisted person. now you can wish death on me :$ . i personaly could/nt give a fuck what you think , with people like you on this planet no wonder the world sucks. maybe/ just one day the world might become a better place for all to share whatever anyones religion or/creed..................................peace / ps bleach burns yer throat / disenfectant is better . / pps as for stupid (take a look in the mirror)

3. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Religion always stirs up so many emotions in people... I think a lot of people (myself included) have had it with people thinking they're better than everyone else getting in their faces. I really, really hate that. I have no problem with what people want to believe (unless they believe in sacrificing animals and eating babies, of course) but keep it outta my face...THAT'S my issue with religion. Some of my family members are Southern Baptist Missionaries...can I tell you how much they tend to suck? They come to visit and it's all preachy preachy preachy....*makes a face* THAT'S one of the reasons people don't like religion...don't knock on my door, don't tell me I'm going to hell and don't tell me I'm some sort of big sinner...

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I have never been one to preach. I don't go to church, I don't read the bible. But I am a Christian. Could I be wrong? Sure! But it's nice to beleive in something. To think there is force tending the light at the end of the tunnel. To beleive I have a purpose. I try to be good and kind and peaceful. I don't try and convince anyone that if they don't beleive that they're going to hell.

I do feel awful that some of you go as far as wishing death and pain to those who are Christians. Some of us aren't that bad you know. You shouldn't stereotype people.

5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

totally agree . i have my beliefs like everyone else . i keep my beliefs to myself without persercuting or stirring up hatred with other religions . as living in the uk i have seen religious wars ( ireland ). believe me it is horrible. to feel some of the hatred on this thread stinks. i would suggest listening to pink floyd ( us and them). maybe it might sink in one day . their again pigs might fly /.............peace

6. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

7. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

It's sad how many people are misinformed about Chrisitanity due to such bad examples looming around. I would not look at the President, the Pope, or Television Evangelists as an example.

The fightining that goes on in Ireland is quite sad. If any of those people really had Christ, they would remember the sixth commandment that says, "Thou shalt not kill." What they are fighting for is useless... none of them know God as they claim to.

The number one misunderstanding when it comes to faith?
    Witnessing.... When someone witnesses to you, it is not because they are trying to show off. When you are being witnessed to, it is because someone cares about you. If I did not care about others, I would not speak to them about Jesus Christ. However, there are some people who will use their faith merely to persecute people. Make no mistake... those who do this do not know the Lord!

Don't get me wrong. I understand that when someone is speaking about the need for Jesus, that it makes one feel uncomfortable. No one likes to hear, "You have to", or, "You must." However, I promise you that when conviction comes upon you, and you come to know the Lord, you will be very grateful that this person told you what they did.

8. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

so untrue. blind faith was a supergroup back in the 60s formed by eric clapton and steve winwood. :p

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

the God gave you the right of freewill. your freedom to do as you will. you can either follow God or not Follow him. the whole bullshit apple story is just a fable. Adam and Eve did not listen to God, they followed what lucifer told them to do. They had paradise, yet they broke one of his rules, and god banished them from paradise. They had the choice. God wants people who will choose good over evil, not some robots who do his ever wish. I mean, if you were a god, wouldnt you want people to freely choose you, or have them obey each and every word of you because you programmed them that way??

we are the ones to blame for disease, wars, mother natures fury, because we were the ones who caused all of this disaster. not GOD. GOD just allowed it to happen. we are going through hell to get to heaven. whats so hard to understand?? its the people who are at fault, not GOD's whoever that GOD is..

Jesus was God on earth. God brought himself to earth so that people would believe in a saviour. wouldnt you follow someone of flesh and blood, rather than a supernatural being?? a god?? a person you cant see? before jesus came to the earth, the only connection people had with god was through some prophets who supposedly talked to God...... now they had GOD as flesh. a person who could work miracles.

10. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I am impressed, Ryan, you are correct on that. Some, "religious", people do not even understand that concept. Instead, they cling to the idea of a Trinity.

11. Eliot

Eliot Member

So, wait, they can't tell you that there is religion and it is true, but it's absolutely fine if you tell them that there isn't?

12. Eliot

Eliot Member

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN RELIGIONS ARE EVIL. ONLY THE PEOPLE. Goddammit, do you people even think deeply about philosophy, or do you just go with whatever will help you rebel against your parents the best?

I can almost guarentee that that quote was not said against religion, but rather the way people treat religion.

13. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Well first of all, I never said religion was evil. You'd know that if you actually read the quote. Second of all, as a grown-up, I don't feel the need to rebel against my parents. And third, of course it was meant about the way people treat religion - or really more like the way they behave due to the way they interpret religious ideas...you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

My point was adding to the many points that others have already made - that sometimes the WAY people believe in their religions (by causing wars in the name of their deity, or being needlessly cruel and judgemental toward others). Religion, as a theory, (or multiple of theories) has many good ideas. Ideas of being kind to one another, helping your fellow human...there's nothing evil or wrong about those ideas. What is wrong and evil is taking these ideas and somehow turning them into a way to harrass and hurt others.

14. Eliot

Eliot Member

Sorry about that. I was just a little annoyed with the idiots that kept saying, "Religion is stupid! God is stupid! Blah blah blah, I'm so self-important and I must be wise and free-thinking if I don't like religion! Hey, pay more attention to me!" I won't say any names, but Bloody_Kisses.

15. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

It must be so easy letting the church do all the thinking for you. I, for one, prefer to come to own conclusions and think out things on my own.

Religion can not work becacuse man does not know how to properly use and understand it and its purpose.

16. Disarm

Disarm Member

Religion was created by man, of course we know how to use/understand it. It's not like aliens came along and gave us some mystical object we can't use. Its use is what we use it for.

17. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Yeah, well, if people are the evil ones, not the religion, but a religion doesn't do anything -- it's just a concept -- until and unless it is used by PEOPLE, it really doesn't matter that it's the people, not the religion, that has the flaws. The practical reality is that people, armed with religion, are doing evil in its name. There are NO religions that don't have people doing shit that's evil in the name of the religion. I was about to say that it's harder to imagine a Hindu doing violence in the name of Hinduism than a Christian or a Muslim... but Hindus do that too. Hindu sectarian violence plagues some other countries, just like Muslim sectarian violence does. Hindus won't kill cows, but they don't seem to mind killing people. Just type "hindu violence" on Google for a taste.

Yes, the world certainly would have violence and hatred and murder if it had no religion -- but my view is that religion gives violence a focal point and makes it that much more potent.

That, and I hate it because it's based on superstitious nonsense that doesn't hold up to the most basic logical scrutiny.

Once again, if you want to understand why the concept of God is so idiotic and absurd, read this link:

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/twainlfe.htm

It's excellent. It was written by Mark Twain.

-Jeffrey

18. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

You could name me, too.

Religion IS stupid.
    God IS stupid.

The only thing you're wrong about is, I couldn't give a shit less if you pay attention to me or think I'm wise and free-thinking because I despise religion.

-Jeffrey

19. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

If someone was to let the church do all of the thinking for them, they still would not have God.

I still find it interesting how many people blame a thing for the sole source of the war. Is religion forcing Bush to entertain war? I was unaware that religion was an actual person, capable of carring a gun and shooting at others. Who's idea was it to go to war? It was the President's idea. Is there a little bird that flies around named, "religion", that whispers things in people's ears and causes them to do wrong?

This is a very elementary concept. Two children both eye a toy. They begin to argue over it. You are telling me that it is the toy's fault for being there? No, it is the human desire of the child to want what others have. War is brought on by the desire of man to try and prove himself right by any means neccessary. THAT is what causes wars.

The toy didn't cause it, there is no bird, and religion is a thing.

The war in Ireland isn't even completely about religion. One group wants to become part of the Irish nation, while the other wishes to preserve the union of Great Britain and Ireland. (This was stated by David Quinn, a columnist and broadcaster for Ireland's Sunday Times)

20. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

religion made me question things on my own. if it wasnt for a strict religion like catholicism, I probably wouldnt be as spiritual as I am today. Id probably be following the motions like everyone else in mass, and thinking that because IM in church every sunday I will go to heaven.