Jesusdied4you

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

no, i hate fat people. but bhudda is cool.

2. Eliot

Eliot Member

'

What, you mean the fact that most religions preach peace, and basically doing what's right? Yeah, I've got real problems with that as well.

To quote John Lennon, something you people should appreciate, "Religion is a beautiful thing to have. The question, however, is whether or not it is for you."

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

There really isn't much gov. influence in Christianity, that hasn't happened since like the 500s.

4. Eliot

Eliot Member

I agree. Government can only influence the people, not the word that has been written in stone for centuries. I'll say it again: There is nothing wrong with religion; the problem lies within a large number of the religious.

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

first of all.. im talking about the gov. influence WHEN the bible was written...doh.

second- i know there is nothing with religion but at least accept it as faith and dont tell me it's TRUE, PROVEN and the only way.

6. Duck

oh whoops, you didn't make that very clear
    I think there is something wrong with religon: the followers

7. Eliot

Eliot Member

Isn't knowledge just the highest form of faith? Therefore, what's wrong with him believing something to be true, and reflecting that with what he says?

8. interval_illusion

but even with the followers there is a difference.. what is wrong with my mom? she reads the good stuff in the bible, trys to love others more... goes to help other countries by helping to build schools and hospitals, etc....

so what if what she believes isnt right? it suits her and fills that "void" in her life.

in telling you.. it's fundamentalists that use it the wrong way... by that, i mean, not for love but for hate.

9. Eliot

Eliot Member

Not all the followers. Only a few of them. The "bad" followers are actually a minority. But they are louder than the "good" followers, and therefore they seem like the majority.

10. interval_illusion

nothing at all. that's why i said i meant no harm. it was funny to me.

however, i dont like stupidity.... and to say something is a TRUTH and not faith is stupid to me. wishful thinking. arrogance.

and no... knowledge isnt the highest form of faith. they are two seperate things.

ps- eliot.. we are pretty much on the same page on these issues.. not exactly but close.

11. Eliot

Eliot Member

There is no such thing as knowledge. Only the belief that we are aware of certain things.

12. Duck

I think just the fact that she believes is wrong. It's okay my mom does too.

I've never heard of anyone using the Bible for hate
    EDIT:
    I guess the hard-cover would make a good weapon

13. interval_illusion

correct. but there are statistics and experiments and tests to make things seem fairly certain... altho in our state of reality and narrow-minds, we never KNOW.

14. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

:confused:

15. interval_illusion

going with that face...

what about persecution of gay people? and um... religious wars, etc?

16. Duck

You got me

17. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

This should be fun!

Let's play a little game called, "Clearing things up", shall we?"

1. Religion, in fact, is crap. Today, religion is like a job. You work for a while, then come home and forget about it. People who have, "religion", are people who go to church once a week, and for that one day, try to act holy.

2. Religious wars - War is caused by man and his innate need to prove himself above his peers. People fight over land, is land on it's own the sole source of a war? No, it is the greed of others that provoke a war over a specific person, place, or thing.

3. The basis of Chrisitanity - People always make assumptions or perceive Christians to be a certain way. How could you not? Today's Christianity is full of lies and deciet and holds as much solidity as water. Sadly, people who hold these principles of modern day Christianity, are often those whom become a house hold name. They are the examples people use when they claim that Christianity is bad. They are the ones who give real believers a bad name.

4. There is no such thing as blind faith. I do not go to church, read the Bible, and listen to what my Pastor says, in hopes that it may be the right thing to do. I do these things because I know God. I have experienced him. I have a relationship with him.

5. "Religion is a crutch for the Psychologically disturbed". This is one of my absolute favorite assumptions! As a Psychology major, I find the line particularly amusing.

6. Sorry, but I will not be drinking any bleach.

18. interval_illusion

hey! i hear ya!

those were good points! :)

19. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

That's the truth.

Think about it.

They tell us that Jesus died so that God would forgive our sins.

WHAT?! :rolleyes:

Why in the world would God require of God himself to give up his only begotten son (which he, being God, could have recreated a trillion zillion times over again -- after all, he's God!) in order for humanity's sins to be forgiven?

God was requiring HIMSELF to make a sacrifice to please HIMSELF?! How does that make any sense? God is the ruler of all things, right? He could have let himself, and Jesus, and humanity off the hook with the blink of an eye! He could have made humanity perfect creatures to enjoy a heavenly existence. He didn't have to create in Adam and Eve the very predilection toward rebelliousness and arrogance and pride or whatever it was that was their downfall in reaching for the apple (which as I understand it wasn't even an APPLE until translation after translation twisted the bible against its origins) so that they would cause humanity to fall from grace.

I mean, SHIT, even we imperfect HUMANS understand the moral wrong of visiting the sins of one person onto an innocent. So if my uncle was a pedophile/molester/murderer, should his KIDS have to go to jail for life? DUH! So why does humanity suffer for what two people did? Did God spell out for them, "Hey, look, if you eat the apple, trillions of people will eventually live lives of disease, suffering, pain, anguish and death because of it, so think twice unless you want that on your conscience"? Of course not. What God did do is tantamount to putting a cookie jar in front of a six-year-old, telling him that delicious cookies are inside, not telling him what his punishment would be if he ate them, and then telling him he must not eat them, and then watching him from a distance even though he doesn't know you're watching. You fucking KNOW he's going to eat the cookies! You're ALL-KNOWING! You SET HIM UP TO FAIL!

Now what kind of person figures a piece of shit "God" who would do something like that is worthy of worship?!?! :mad:

Can you see why I am an atheist now?

-Jeffrey

20. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

Let's play a little game called History.

I'll make it simple. Remember way back when when there were Gods for everything, like thunder, lightning, water, etc.? Do you know why there were those Gods? To explain things that they couldnt. Then somewhere along the lines theys simply got compressed into one all-holy-awesome-Jesus-producing-walk-across-water-and-fly-in-the-air "God".

Figure the rest out.

And anyways, GOD=GREEN, and a means of controlling the people.

Some fun facts:
    The majority of those that attend church on a regular basis voted for Bush
    The majority of those that seldomly or never go (to church, to to keep up) voted for Kerry.
    Remember that good ol' phrase: "It's your Christian duty to vote for Bush"