Jesse Duplantis thinks his followers owe him a $54 million private jet.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by walkoflife, May 31, 2018.

1. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

I'm all about giving generously to whatever church you wish to align yourself with.

But come on. Does one really need a $54 million private jet to 'heed to God's will'?

Televangelism at it's finest.

Read CNN's story on this here.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If his followers are stupid enough to fork over the dough then he should have his $54 million jet. I fucking hate televangelists and the leaders of megachurches; it's enough to make me wish there were a hell.

scratcho and walkoflife like this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Praise god-a. What a ridiculous time we live in. Nothing is outrageous. Probably be good if people would re-claim control of their own minds and break free of con men. Goes for Blump followers too. Cults are easy to spot.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've never understood how people can't see through this.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I wish I had all the money I invested in following the cult called the Grateful Dead.

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

He needs a lot more money than that to buy a spaceship and set off to find God.
    Not too much money though...., or he will be able to afford the fuel to get back. :yum::yum::yum:

8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

They have forked over enough for this to be his 4th and biggest plane. They have also forked over enough that he lives in a hugely expensive mansion. All bought and paid for by peddling the need for God in their lives.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i dunno who jesse is, but i like his style :D
    gimmie a jet!

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Jet with the wind in your hair
    Of a thousand laces
    Climb on the back and we'll go for a ride in the sky
    And Jet I thought that the major was a little lady suffragette..

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

now if someone would just sell him a private jet that happens to have some faulty wiring...

12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I could see if he was buying it from money made from books, but not if it's directly from the church. These guys are more like cult figures.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure Jesus a man who had few possessions would be happy with this nonsense. :rage:

True service to a higher power is to give up material goods and help others not to hoard and say god blesses you. What is better for one man to have a jet or for 10,000 men to eat and have a warm place to sleep? I know how I feel about it and "god" feels the same.

These megachurchs spend all their donations on themselves not the poor it's sad. You can have nice things in life and still be kind and generous. LOTS of wiggle room between 60 million dollar jets and being homeless.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor