jehovas witness?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by NikkiLou6387, Dec 30, 2004.

1. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

my dad recently converted to this wacked out version of christianity. does anyone know more about it? why are they so psychotic? my dad was once a drag queen, and now hes all like 'gays are evil' wtf? i think hes either insane or on crack.

2. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i was raised a jehovas witness...but yeah its weird. it deifinitely wasnt the right religion for me. the beliefs are insane and its more like a cult
    -just pm me cause i can tell u all about it

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I have to agree, they have some unique views. But, I know very good people who happen to be jw's. Any church you want to look at holds some 'odd' views, from my perspective. Followers of any of them can be righteous, good folk.

4. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I've known a few in my day. They don't take blood transfusions (unless it's their own blood) and they don't deform the body (piercing, tattoo).
    Never quite figured out how Michael Jackson got away with being one for so long though.

5. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

see how hypocritical my dad is? he has his ear pierced and a tattoo. and they dont believe in christmas or birthdays or the cross or heaven or hell or jesus. (not that i believe in most of those either, but they're supposedly christian, so they should.) but they dont believe in saying the pledge of alliegance which rocks! i've never believed in the flag or the pladge. i just dont see why i should make a promise to a piece of fabric. so i guess it has it's ups and downs like anything, but i'm still having a hard time adjusting to having my dad, the pierced, tattooed, head banging, black wearing, metal head converting to jehovas witness!