Jefferson Airplane

Discussion in 'Music' started by syd, Jan 6, 2005.

1. gnombient

gnombient Member

The Airplane were definitely cool, but I prefer their lightyears-beyond-freaked-out German counterpart-- Amon Düül II.

2. kurdtkobain

kurdtkobain Member

White Rabbit is awesome, Somebody To Love is my favorite song of theirs tho...first one I heard by them. The cd Surrealistic Pillow is the best.

3. gnombient

gnombient Member

I think my favorite Airplane cut would have to be "Plastic Fantastic Lover"-- the live version from Bless Its Pointed Little Head.

4. John221

John221 Senior Member

Me, me, me!

5. YEM28

YEM28 Member

Airplane was great, I like their live music a lot. But their albums are awesome, Plastic Fantastic Lover and Surrealistic Pillow are cool

6. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Right on Amon Duul II were well cool, and I love the Airplane also

Check out the band in my sig if you like 67-68 era Jefferson Airplane, their album from last year has a massive JA influence
    http://www.locustmusic.com/josephinefoster.html
    Locust Review
    "Last Spring, you may have gotten a dose of opera school dropout Josephine Foster's startling mixture of avant arrangements & acoustic mountain folk as ½ of the spare twisted up Appalachian duo, Born Heller. To many, the effect of her voice - on record and in concert - has been nothing short of chilling since the duo's locust debut.

After a 180 degree shift in style only, Josephine Foster & the Supposed offer up a 12 cut blow out that's exuberant and hard hitting. On All the Leaves Are Gone, Josephine embraces her rock and roll heart and intuitively summons up the mojo of legendary songstress Patti Smith & the defiant beauty of early period Jefferson Airplane as she rides the crest of a fluid and angular rhythm section that's as triumphant as the sound of classic Television and trebly west coast psychedelia from decades gone by."

very cool band