January 6th: Block The Vote

Discussion in 'Protest' started by element7, Jan 4, 2005.

1. element7

element7 Random fool

[​IMG]

On January 6th, 2005 there will be a "Block Bush Insurrection Rally" at the U.S. Capitol. That day is when the electoral votes, which will have been sealed and sent to the President of the U.S. Senate, are to be read aloud to both Houses of Congress. The No Stolen Elections campaign says that if one member of the House and one member of the Senate object to the certification of the vote, then all members of Congress will finally discuss these issues so they are urging people to call their Congresspeople and Senators. Locally and nationwide, voters are concerned about voter suppression and disenfranchisement, especially in African-American and Hispanic communities. Folks Don't Get It: On African-American voter disenfranchisement in the 2004 election | Against the House: It's a Rigged Game

Pulled from over at indymedia

Just a reminder. Democracy has been raped. Pull out the earplugs, drop the blinders, yank the hotdog out of the mouth, stand up and make it known we won't just let it slide.

2. David54

David54 Member

I can hear the spin doctors winding up now. I'd like to see an idea for a protest that won't easily be lumped in with the spectacle of the disgruntled liberal whining that we're loosing.

3. SamIam

SamIam Member

I agree.

element7, it would be great if a senator opposed the outcome, but remember we couldnt even get that in 2000, when bush actually lost the popular vote... I assume you've seen michael moore's movie Farhenheit 9/11? he does a little piece on it...

peace,
    Sam