Jaming At The Park

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by GentleHeartLamb, May 23, 2004.

1. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Who here goes to the park with there friends and you all bring interements and jam on them interments like a guitar and some kind of drum anything that does not need electrity?

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

hmmm.... I want to try that sometime.

3. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Ive been wanting to go to the fields with some people and do some really good body painting, and jammin would just make that experience even better..

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hahahh i play outside almost every single day. usually out side a coffee shop, but a park is nice if your not by yourself. i think its cus i got used to it when i was a street musician for a living, and since im goin back to bein a street musician in about a week, its good ive stayed in practice.

5. brownie

brownie Member

i do that constantly, i go with about 30 friends. people come and go. and there's usually four groups of people. those playing music, people at the playground, people chilling on a towel with incense burning (frequently visited), and people playing ultimate frisbee. we all visit different places at different times so it's not like you have to stay at your spot and can't go talk to others. it's very, very fun.

6. TheGnome

TheGnome Member

Nope, I'm not a fan of that type of gathering. I go to school for music so I practise music, listen to music, and breathe music all day. I don't have the time or motivation to do such a group event. Getting together with friends and jamming all the time is about as close to that as I get.

7. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

i bust a hohner in the fields all the time. big fields, by myself, when the weather is nice. i couldn't do it in public, too shy, and not that good.

8. SamIam

SamIam Member

last summer me and some friends did Jam for Peace sessions on saturdays outside our school next to a really busy road. I brought a drum kit and people brought guitars and saxes and someone brought an upright bass once. We had lots of signs and stuff, it was really cool. I'm probaby gonna start it up again soon... I love playing music outside.

peace,
    Sam

9. majorhemp

majorhemp Member

i just go out back and jam out with my bro on the drums

10. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Yea, I do that all the time too. :) It's always so much fun.
    Playing bongos is the best! :D

11. Orsino

Orsino Member

Umm... Hohner makes a bunch of instruments.

12. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

they make a handful... they make an exceptional accordian... though I am not skilled in the ways of the accordian... nor am i skilled in the ways of the harp, but at least it fits in my pocket...

13. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Sometimes we go up to Red Rocks amphitheater (if you don't know what that is, look it up. It's so awesome, it's a whole concert venue carved out of the red rocks outside) and since it's a park as well, The free jam society will go up there and jam so we hang out and watch them. We play a lot of music on the mall in Boulder because it's all outdoors and always busy, so your guaranteed to get an audience.

14. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

We should have a gathering and meet up someplace and jam, body paint, or do whatever the hell you feel like....

15. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

whoa dude george haha i LOVE your old sig and account :D :D :D

16. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

I occaasionally took my hohner to school and did my "harp dance"...T'will be more fun when my friend gets his banjo...

17. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oooh yeah, in houston there are pagan drum circles in memorial park. lotsa fun.

there's also eeyore's birthday party at pease park in austin...

lots of neat stuff in tx.

18. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I've never jammed in a park ever :(
    I'm such a lost soul :( :rolleyes: