James Ray to be let out of jail

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by desert-rat, Jul 12, 2013.

1. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

2. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Don't sweat lodges in general not let you leave until the ceremony is over?
    Sorry, I don't know anything specific about this mans case and only faintly recall it being reported in news, so that may be an irrelevant question, depending perhaps on how clearly the peoples lives were in danger. I just thought they made you sign a waiver before you went in and that the people trying to flee in panic are normally restrained and refused exit as they assume it's purely psychological.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I remember reading about this.

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I think if some one at a sweat lodge looked like they had real phy. problems they would get them medical help. This has been a big story hear in Arizona , I dont know how much the t.v. people covered it in other places . As much money as Ray made on that sweat lodge he could have afforded some doctors or e.m.t.s to be there . One of several discussions we had on the now closed Pavlina forum . http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/erin-pavlina/61104-lets-kill-james-ray.html

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh grandma, what great big links have..

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

7. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Well, it appears he has served his time.

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

9. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I don't disagree; in fact, I find the entire idea of participating in a sweat lodge ritual rather uninspired and, well, rather stupid, to be blunt, depending on what a persons intentions are for participating. I appreciate that everybody looking for answers seeks enlightenment utilizing any number of different methods, and that not everything is for everybody, I just fail to understand how any purported gross bodily detoxification should automatically result in clarification of the mind. It seems to me that quite the opposite would inevitably result, and that the original purpose for doing so has long since become confused. Maybe I am wrong, and I don't mean to suggest that clouding the mind by inducing temporary and controlled stress is incapable of yielding insight and clarification after dispersion, but unlike the other common ceremonies designed explicitly for this purpose (psychedelia, mantra recitation, yoga) this one in particular has long appeared to me to be one misguided at best. In fact, one could argue that the enforced form of discipline required to maintain composure during such an experience could very well serve to reinforce the ego and it's predominance, although that is not necessarily implicit across the board. Primarily I feel sorry for the victims in this case, and I think it takes a calculating person of the most abhorrent type of a deceptive nature to conduct people in like manner to collect payment. Again I'm not familiar with the particulars of this case and reserve forming an opinion on this person who exercised some degree of control over the well being of his clients and failed to seek their best interest, but judging by his very occupation I am led to assume the worst.

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I presented this a news story that happned hear in Arizona . The sweat lodge is one of many methods . It started with the Native Americans . They have stated if James Ray had held this through them there would have been no problems. There is info on the net ( and in books) on the proper way to hold a sweat lodge . I have never been to one , I dont think I ever would . I know a few that have tho. , with no problems . On what is stupid , some like astrolegy , tarot cards , dowsing , ect. others dont , its what you like and believe in .

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

He should still be in there...

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^that is what I find myself thinking.

13. odonII

odonII O

Thanks. I think I'll be ok, though.

14. odonII

odonII O

The sweat-lodge?

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I saw this on tv.. dateline or something like that a long time ago... a while ago anyways (years) and from what I remember of it, what he did was EXTREME NEGLECT...negligent homicide or something but not first degree murder or even 2nd... so yea? He would get out eventually, right?

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Just my opinion here...but this sorry ass man got the charges dropped down to negligent homicide because he has BUTTLOADS of money and the kind of lawyer that buys.

The man did things he had no business doing...and why the hell people that have more money than sense are so gullible to people like that is beyond me. 3 people died because of how he lead the "sweat" that weekend. Since he most probably misled/misrepresented himself as being qualified to do this, I surely don't want to even say it was a true sweat experience...the Lakotas tried to sue him and his company because of this, but their suit was dropped. Which of course I'm not surprised by...

The families of the people that died because of him settled out of court for what is rumored to be over $3 mil.

He already had had problems with the law for putting people through "exercises" he had no training in but hey - money talks and bullshit walks. Just like his bs just got to walk out of prison after 2 years.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sure, why not...

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, I just meant with the murders (1st, 2nd degree...) there has to be intention to kill and I don't think that is what he was intending... he was just very, very irresponsible and didn't give a shit what happened to them...hence why I said negligence.

Actually I saw the thing about him a long time ago so I probably shouldn't be commenting too much on it without refreshing my brain...