James Bond is dead

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 10, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

2. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Oh boy this thread is sooo weird!

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The formula to making a successful movie is something of a lottery. It can be the original material, an actor, the director, or the music score. In some cases, even the director of photography can play a key part.

Setting aside musicals. In both Doctor Zhivago and 2001, space oddicy, the music was a key part of their success. Few people know that the later was scored by Alex North and then re-recorded using the famous Blue Danube and Also sprach Zarathustra, along with other classical and more popular works.

Sometimes it is a combination of factors. On golden Pond was a great film, but who could deny that Billy Williams and Dave Grusin made a major contribution.
    Even the opening credits are a work of art. You can only imagine the joy on the face of Billy when the got the shot at 2.40 on this video. On the London premier, it got a round of applause before the film even started.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Please, no more gardamn 40, 50 something action heroes

Buffed up 20 somethings that actually look convincing kicking someones arse

And where the hell are all the martial arts movies, why did that genre die in the ass?

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Music makes up for the fact they have to thrill you for a lifetime in just 90 minutes, and the characters are all two dimensional at best. The play Oklahoma provides an excellent example, relying on one dimensional characters that audiences love and cheer for, precisely because they are one dimensional and it is only their collective dance that empowers them to sing. Of course, a poetic writer is also important, but the music is an integral part of the play.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Without looking it up, do you know who directed the film version of Oklahoma.?
    When I tell them, most people look at me as if I am stupid.

Regarding the history of music on films, it all started in the silent days, when theaters had a piano at the side of the stage. The talent of these pianists was unbelievable. On the first night of films (that frequently changed twice a week), they just played without any form of music, with one eye on the screen.

Later, Granada and Gaumont (later part of Odeon) theaters installed organs, while Regal (subsiquently ABC, Associated British Cinemas) had an orchestra at major theaters.

large.jpeg

7. wooleeheron

All scientific research used to be parlor tricks used to entertain the wealthy. Oklahoma the movie was filmed by the cast of "Deep Throat".

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It was killed by MMA a mixture of boxing, wrestling, and martial arts

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

MMA is garbage. All they do is hug each other.

10. wooleeheron

I always insist on dinner and a date first.

11. hotwater

Are you kidding take a look at Nate Diaz after his most recent fight.
    And there are dozens of others who's faces are a bloody mess.

[​IMG]

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol.
    What a mad ****. :tearsofjoy:

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ketchup mixed with corm flour

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont care if they do a black bond, but he has to be hot

The likes of Honsou and Elba,they are good actors

But please for the love of god, black or white, please make the next bond hawwt so its actually convincing he can nail 3 ladies in a film just like that, and under 35 so its convincing when he runs.

All the previous bonds, even Connery, at best they were good looking, but none of them were make you go cross eyed hawwt

Black Bond, please make sure he looks like Tyson Beckford at 30

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Brosnon was most handsome IMO
    But I haven't watched any of the really old ones, nor the connery ones but I know what he looks like. But like nothing has stood out to me to suggest that anyone older than that was going to be better than Brosnon.

17. hotwater

[​IMG]

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Connery is in the really old ones. He stars in the first five films. I think a few of Connery's films are unquestionably better than Brosnans but I do like him as Bond as well.

If you've ever seen Austin Powers, there are some jokes you wouldn't get because they make a fair amount of reference to Connery's Bond films.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably why I didn't like Austin Powers then lol. Like I knew he was meant to be a rip off but yeah. It's like the Scary Movie series etc. The parts you get are funny.