James Bond is dead

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 10, 2019.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

A female James Bond? It's the last thing we need (opinion) - CNN
    I remember posting something about this, and I was wrong. This article should clear things up.

Apparently they're not replacing bond at all, just giving his code name to a female character. That's a whole world of different than what I thought! :)

2. It's just a movie.

Driftrue and Tyrsonswood like this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

LOL no

the world is full of female Marines and fire fighters. Each of them is stronger than you.

As far as brains again wrong. There is nothing separating intelligence or problem solving skills.

4. soulcompromise

Yeah, the whole "different evolution" argument is flawed.

5. LaceLogan

LaceLogan Newbie

This whole thread is misleading. In the new film she merely takes over the codename 007. She is NOT the new James Bond, I hear she gets KILLED in the movie and the codename will pass to someone else.
    People should research this more.

thefallenone1986 likes this.
  6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm pretty sure that's been explained in this thread.
    Perhaps YOU should research a bit more.
    : )

7. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Oh you are such a funny woman.

Orison likes this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

for the most part. although i don't remember seeing the giant spoiler before just now.

9. unfocusedanakin

I am a pussy

but they do say you are what you eat.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree but there is one striking difference between the male brain and the female brain, Males have 100 billion neurons, females have 80 Billion neurons.

We have to be doing something with those other 20 billion neurons

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Those are reserved for doing really stupid shit... You know, "Hold my beer" moments

unfocusedanakin and hotwater like this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Or maybe male neurons are stupider and you need the extra ones just to manage what women do with 80 billion : )

Actually I didn't know this before. Interesting.

13. soulcompromise

On a sidenote, Quantum of Solace has a terrific opening sequence! It's a really good car chase.

14. unfocusedanakin

I have noticed 007 is a hero to some men for the same reasons as Hugh Hefner. He drives a sports car, he gets all the women, and he's always dressed well. They are the men other men look at and assume it's what women want. Through these characters these men feel self confidence.

What is the major threat if Bond is a women? He can't be the cool alpha white male. A women can in theory have all the action and intelligence you need in a spy movie. Since the 80's they have tried to abandon the typical Bond girl role for women. So 30-40 years ago people were sick of it.

It's all fantasy. Those movies are not how spies work. Consider how flashy and in the open he is and how he usualy kills several people along the way. That's not how you get information. Interesting some men have a fantasy so built up they can't stand when it's changed.

The current Bond does not like doing the films and they have made them since the 60's. Reboots happen all the time. The reason a women is considered men is simple: most men when polled in a focus group are fine with it. So the movie will make money. I guess you are not most men,.

15. EZ2day

EZ2day Members

James Bond is a character from popular entertainments written against the background of the early Cold War, a vacuum tube world contemplating the very real possibility of global nuclear war. It was escapist entertainment for an audience that doesn't exist anymore. It's no surprise that the rebooting of the Bond franchise to something grittier and more like the original didn't happen until after 9/11. But the post-9/11 mood has receded.