I've never had a DUI....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Your post #4 is what rather set a tone as to who appeared to be butt hurt. The sheer affront that some people would find it not funny.

It is a thread that is not going to be to many peoples taste and that is posting. :) The irony is that you can be stone cold sober and straight and still end up dead because some other fool is not.

I am glad that you do not personally drive while under any influence. Your kids deserve to have a mom that is around. :)

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Can't please everyone ;).

I completely agree with you about my babies. :)

Also, I honestly have no sympathy for DUIs. People make decisions, and there are consequences for that. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I also don't expect sympathy for when I make bad decisions.

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

i like how you are an ass to me then polite to heat

4. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

haha I practiced my alphabet backwards just in case I was ever in a questionable situation, not because I drink and drive :D

5. *MAMA*

I'm not trying to be an ass to anyone. I just think people are making way too big of a deal about it.
    Haha, I used to be able to do it. I don't think I can anymore though.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I will sound like some try-hard wannabe radical for saying this, but I would be just fine with no drunk driving laws, and I don't really think laws deter people from driving under the influence since millions of people do it everyday and will regardless of any laws. There are certain risks you have to accept when you get behind the wheel, and drunk drivers are one of them. There is a hypocrisy that exists when we have a culture that so heavily promotes the use of alcohol, and allows for there to be bars within no more than a few miles of any given location, then arrests people for doing something they're conditioned to accept as part of normal everyday life. If someone is wasted and they kill someone, they should go to jail, but I don't believe in how drunk driving enforcement and sobriety checkpoints have been used to violate people's rights under the guise of protecting people.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

That.
    and also... I've been wanting to say this too in this thread...
    drunk driving arrests annoy me because they are at .08 which for a female of my weight is 3-3.5 drinks...what annoys me about this is...some people can handle their alcohol and some can't. You do NOT have to be drunk or un-able to drive to get a DUI. Some people can drink a 6 pack and drive better than another person who is totally sober, because some people just suck at driving.
    And anyways my point of annoyance at the .08 levels is that different people become impaired at different amounts. And for many people it is NOT .08...
    Also the increased DUI arrests aren't to safe lives... it's to make money. DUI's are EXPENSIVE.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

^I concur Rat. ll take some of your neggies lol

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I got a DUI with a 1.0.

I was only pulled over for a headlight and I was no where NEAR unable to drive with a 1.0... I had had less than a 6 pack. That pisses me off to no end BUT...
    I'm not gonna whine and cry on it any further cause things are as they are and..that is the way they are. :)

that said, yes, it's terrible when people get so drunk and go the wrong way on the freeway and kill 5 kids (the stories I hear about on the news)...
    but the current system is not dealing with THEM and those are the people who should be dealt with.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y6ET5Gi2Ng"]Probably the funniest DUI you'll ever see - YouTube

11. *MAMA*

I'm not saying I agree with the DUI laws. Only that I chose not to drink any amount and drive because the benefit does not outweigh the risk for me.

I do my share of illegal things. Alcohol + driving just happens to be one I exclude.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea I get ya...
    well, trust me...
    I don't drink at all NOW but if I ever decide to again (because I don't decide either way about these things)... I KNOW I will NOT so much as LOOK AT a car. lol.
    won't even look at a car on tv... :D
    (once you hit number 2 or 3 (eck on number 3!), they stop playing around... jail for a year... nope, don't even know what a car IS)

13. *MAMA*

Hahahahaha. I don't even care if other people buzz and drive. Different people have different tolerance, as you already mentioned. I just know I'm distracted as hell when I booze, so there's no way I would get behind the wheel.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I can't have you drivin down the road in a skyjack drinkin beer :D

Come get me.
    and they got him

(about the video llth posted)

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

and yea that's the thing that gets to me...they don't take into account people's levels of tolerance.
    I mean you're gonna pull someone over who's not even driving bad (check point, headlight out, whatever)... then have them go into a parking lot and drive and parallel park and shit like it's a drivers test and if they drive fine, don't freaking arrest them. if they can't...fine.
    but yea, I know they aren't gonna start doing all that. "don't have the resources, etc etc"

16. *MAMA*

I agree! Me on the other hand, I'm like "ooh, something shiny!" when I drink. I wouldn't even attempt to try parallel parking.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So, they should have people do that.
    You have to be pretty "with it" to parallel park well into a small spot.
    (poor people who can't ever do it well, lol)

oh and as for marijuana.. (driving under influence of), because I know a lot of ppl have dui's from that too...
    there was a recent study of people smoking and driving..
    and those WITHOUT a tolerance to mj... who rarely smoke...drove bad.
    Those who smoke all the time..no difference (than usual) or did better.
    Therefore those people should not be getting dui's...
    Impairment, whether or not the person is IMPAIRED..making mistakes!...should be the basis of any dui arrest.

18. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i've not drunk and drove before...but if i would...and got pulled over...

i'm confident i could hai-five the cop and be on my way

19. LetLovinTakeHold

I won $20 bucks one time by parallel parking on LSD. They didn't think I could do it but I got it in 3 moves.

I kinda cheated though. The leprechaun on the hood of the car was telling me what to do.

20. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

oh yea...how you so sure?
    (ive kinda done that before... whined and cried about how I was rushing out to prevent a suicidal friend from killing herself... lol.. I was going to buy weed... cop was like.. "you live 5 blocks from here? just go home"
    thank you officer, you're sooo nice. hug? jk, didn't ask for a hug, but I kissed his ass.

hahaha
    but what else are leprechauns supposed to be doing?