I've made a terrible mistake...:350mgs of 4-aco-dmt

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by neuroptican, Jul 10, 2013.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Glad all was well with you in the end. I have to agree with orison. I haveread posts by op before and know is an experienced psychonaught and am confused to why you didn't realize sOmethin was up when you must have had a pile of powder on the scale. Anyway you did a good job of describing the parts you remember and although I know you can't come close to even being able to detail what happened, nice job making it a story speaking against this kind of behaviour.

2. felix4life

felix4life Member

I'll never put myself through even 45mg again. I really can't imagine what you must have felt.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

what was so bad or rough about your 45 mg trip, felix?

when i took that amount, i had a pretty good trip, it was just a little bit too intense as far as bodily effects. i had increased mucus and tear production, hard time walking around, lots of shaking and tremors, and got really cold. but it wasn't too much mentally or anything. i'm sure on another day, the same 45 mg might "blow my head off" though.

4. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

there is a phenomenon called confirmation bias, that is the human habit of looking at something and seeing what they expect to see, not what is actually being looked at. in flight training pilots are taught this. sometimes humans look at a gauge, a digital readout, whatever... and see what is expected to be seen and not necessarily what is real. it's possible that Neuro looked right at the scale and actually saw ".035" when in reality the scale read ".350"
    people die all the time because someone read the wrong numbers or some such thing.
    guy inflates new wheel assembly, looks at the wrong line on the dial gauge, reads PSI instead of KPA and, boom. wheel explodes and afterwards the guy insists on his mothers grave that he SAW 900 KPA, not 900 PSI

more or less...
    i did plan to dose 70mg and yes in the previous handful of trips with that exact batch, i guesstimated that the FB was about 2/3rds as strong as the salt version i have. at the time i estimated 70mg would be 'similar' to 45-ish mg of fumarate.
    i weighed, reweighed, and reweighed. thats what i do with that cheap-azz scale. check, recheck, etc.
    i KNOW it was .070 on the scale. without a doubt. the best explaination i can come up with for my trip was set/setting. as much as i know the power of set and setting to alter a trip, i don't know if its possible for a trip to be 2 or 3X stronger just due to set, but, that's how it "felt". i have no other plausable theory for what happened to me.
    again, i am still not sure what happened but i had the same response, though it hit me about 5 mins sooner. after about 8-10 i got a first alert and then within about 5 mins, while typing here, it hit me like a Mack truck. i picked up my phone, went to the couch, put a blanket on my lap, called a friend and asked her to come sit with me till the peak, and then stayed put. i had brief moments of real "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, what went wrong???" thought loops at that point, the come up was scary as fuck until things plateaued and i had a rational sitter reminding me to avoid the mental and emotional quicksand traps and to just let go.

this story fascinates me and i hope Nuero is doing ok... i know i am still trying to reintegrate certain parts of my experience, i can't imagine how shaken up and not stirred Nuero must be feeling.

:love:

for about 2 weeks i felt i was completely done with psychedelics. i've learned again to never say never.

it was that heavy for you, huh? i didn't realize...

5. porkstock41

what was your highest dose of the freebase before you took 70 mg? highest dose of the fumarate?

maybe that's just what 70 mg of the freebase does.

6. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

that's another theory, it might have some crazy dose/response curve.

prior to that, the 'strongest' trip i'd had on 4 aces was ~35mg at home watching video music. that and the ~32mg trip seeing Shpongletron. but the highest quantity of salt i'd had was 40mg and one 50mg trip with the freebase that was roughly like 30mg of the salt. thats comparing only my individual batches, not in reference to any other experiences or people.

7. porkstock41

i bet it's the crazy dose/response curve.

8. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

ya me too. it's one of only two possiblities i see that makes any sense to me.

Neuro hasn't posted at HF since this thread. I hope that means nothing.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

interesting confirmation bias voyage ..

10. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

ah ha. good eye Sir. :2thumbsup:

11. felix4life

felix4life Member

Voyage and Pork,

I'm a soft head, I don't need alot of trip out. My cousin took 30 mg of 4aces many times and handled it well but 45 mg blew his top off and now even 15 mg is too much for him. Strange how these things work.

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

info noted. thank you :love:

13. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

Congratulations after such a massive dose making it back to planet earth.

I have learnt with the weight thing after a full power trip of 2ce my friend weighed out wrongly for us both.

Massive lesson learnt hey!
    :2thumbsup:

14. thismoment

thismoment Member

That's it. Same for all sorts of drugs like those given in acute care hospital settings. Dangerous stuff for sure. Like Orison says, ask yourself does this really make sense.

I'm glad you're fine Neuro.

Don't waste any time thinking that you were inappropriately using emergency resources. Huge numbers of people call 911 for problems related to bad decisions, like heart attacks from diet, smoking, and lack of exercise or MVAs related to going fast and inattention, so on and so forth. That kind of EMT response to drug problems noted by Irminsul is basically redneck bullshit. Very few doctors or nurses are going to see it that way... although sometimes there is some big-mouth mother-fucker around.

Hahaha, 30 mg 4-AcO-DMT is a lot for me.

15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

"you took too much man" ;)

I ordered some of this a few days ago but it hasn't made it to the United States yet. It probably will come sometime next week and I'll have to look at it all week until next weekend.

I haven't done this RC in ages but damn dude, 350mg! :O That's like 10x a strong dose. That was probably equivalent to eating 2OZ of mushrooms!! I'm glad you made it through okay. When you're trippin' that hard rationality goes out the window. Once you get it into your head that you think your gonna die things tend to go downhill from that point on. I'm sure this was truly horrifying and mentally torturous. I have taken "too much" psychedlics before and gotten that terrible feeling like I know it was too much and I want it to be over soon but it hasn't even peaked yet! You can try to shift your attention to other things but you will always find something to form delusions from. It can take all of your willpower to keep your cool, and I'm not sure you can after a certain point. Your basically mentally insane when your trippin, it must be terrible to be highly schizophrenic.

It is always a good idea when psychedelics are involved to have a benzo on hand, especially with heroic doses (i know you did not intend to take that much, im just sayin'). Any of them will do. Benzos pretty much kill the trip but the visuals will still be there but they will be softer and blurrier. One time that I took a strip of acid I had like 10 people over (which seemed like 100) trippin on lower doses and this girl gave me some lorazepam and then me and her left and went to her house and I was chill the rest of the night but the colors were still jumpin out of the tv.

Antipsychotics abort a trip too, pretty much completely visuals and everything but I know risperidone takes about an hour to kick in, and trust me ALOT can go wrong in 1 hour but when you took way too much of a 16 hour phenethylamine, havent even passed the first hour mark and already you can't see your hand in front of your face basically walking around with your hands stretched out like a blind man cuz your effectively blind...it still might be a good idea. It doesn't take an excessive number of pills either.

Be glad it was a tryptamine, some 16hr 2c-x..or some 30hr DOx chemical:eek: ur outta there! Those can get pretty scary, and there is reason to believe they are physically dangerous when huge overdoses are taken.

16. Royaltramp

Royaltramp Member

Having accidentally taken over 100mg of 4-AcO-DMT myself I know how terrifying an experience this can be. I avoided the whole hospital ordeal and was fine, but it was certainly a very scary experience that made me avoid touching such potent substances without using a scale. Thankfully I learnt a lot from it and it's saved me a lot of potentially negative or dangerous experiences down the line.

I still have an unwavering sense of deep respect for how powerful this psychedelic is. It really showed me just how close I was to getting myself killed, and let me endure a night of terrifying pain to put me off ever doing something so stupid again.

For what it's worth, I find it's better to remember the weight of your measuring tray and avoid using the tare function. Say for example your measuring tray weighs 2535mg like mine, and you want 30mg of a substance, if you accidentally add a zero and weigh 300, it's going to say 2835 rather than 2565, easier to spot the difference for me. That said you have to take extra caution to double check your math, as it's a lot easier to make incremental mistakes, i.e. 200mg instead of 100mg, or 30mg instead of 20mg this way if you're not careful.

17. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Very interesting trip report dude. Shitty that you had do go with the whole hospital ride and stuff, but I hope you can hold onto some of what the trip had to give you. It's usually the most powerful trips that give the most interesting lessons, but they are so hard to integrate into life.

Anyway man, I'm glad you're alright. I think with time you'll become interested in psychedelics again, best of luck with your recovery. :)

18. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

that must have been like eating over an ounce of mushrooms... glad you're ok...

19. CoolRunnings

CoolRunnings Member

I can't fathom this. 60 MGs was a very, very intense experience for me. I know of someone who did 80 MGs and was absolutely floored.

I am glad you're okay.

20. dangatang

dangatang Newbie

Well paramedics are just fucking cucks because it was an EMERGENCY isn't that exactly what paramedics are for you fucking retard regardless of the circumstances? Would you say the same thing for someone who accidentally took 17 aspirin? You're literally chastising drug use on a drug forum when you're obviously drug user. You are BEYOND retarded. I hope you don't vote. You'd vote for the Democrats like a media brainwashed piece of shit too lazy to actually learn about the world around you.