I've Given Up Alcohol

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Frog_On_Ice, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

I have given up alcohol & I've never felt better, I've also become a christian well in spirit :D

2. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

good for you

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I've drinkin a well of spirits. [​IMG]

4. Will

Will Member

Ah good for you :) I gave up alcohol about a year and a half ago (apart from the occasional glass of wine at family events) and I have felt so much better for it. :)

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I will be more than happy to drink your share..cheers [​IMG]

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

So ya gonna be another hypocrite and say you're a christian, or are you actually gonna practice Christianity?

7. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

it's often the former of the two.

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Hooray! Good for you!:)

9. spooner

spooner is done.

its good for you physically to have a glass of wine a day...
    plus its really fun to go get trashed every weekend

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Its ironic how you listed something healthy and something completely and utterly so destructive to your liver in the same sentence:)

11. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

heh, i've been sober for our four months about

12. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Yes! Guys with their heads in the toilet--that is HOTT!!!!

13. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

Hey no fair you took that out of context I said in spirit lol I'm not going to be really serious like going to church but I will use the love & its teachings to help me be a better person :) if you don't like it thats ok but its my life & I can only do my living for me :)

14. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Coyote Ugly. :p

15. Orsino2

Don't thump that bible too hard man... [​IMG]

16. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

since when has christianity involved love and teachings..the only thing you will learn from christianity is to follow the bible and to be the judger of all and well, its practically like joining a cult..good luck with that though..
    Sorry, but christians are crazy and thats my thoughts (please if you are reading this and are christian, dont go off on me cause you wouldnt want to go there) Thank you and good day...

17. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

Well atleast you havent joined the Destiny church, thats all i can say.

18. jay

jay Member

good, More for me

19. Orsino2

The thing is that originally christianity WAS supposedly about love and teachings, but it's changed and people don't know how to control their religion over their lives and they don't take proper responsibility or judgment over reality and bullshit... then they'll use religion to cover up the blank spots and things they don't understand, therefore they don't learn about things and put too much faith in the people in the sky... I have nothing against religion, it's just the people. People try to use things in religion as a metaphor or reason that somethings happens. People do the same thing with science... you either lean one way or the other, and in the end, you'll still be putting faith in either, so does it really matter?

Not really... because you can't avoid it anyway. Besides, unless you think life was created, I believe life exists only if you want it to, because nobody really knows what life is or why we're here. That doesn't even matter because the whole concept of being here doesn't exist if you don't want it to anyway. Life is something that was created somehow, scientifically or by some dude in the sky... but everything had to have come from somewhere. It's not why we're here, it's why aren't we here and how did we get here. Life doesn't exist if I say it doesn't, yet, it does if you say it does. Personal preference and understanding...

20. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

just remeber to judge the system and not the people man. I'm not personally christian and I wouldn't doubt that one of the reasons that is is because I would read the bible as I child and see how loving jesus was at points (I'm not preaching here), and then go to chruch and see the bigotry, hypocrisy, and outright bending of teachings.
    CONTEXT people, what worked 2000 years ago DOESN'T work now