I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Politics are awesome, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Human life on Mars was realistic to the nazis.

But it would have to be turned into a giant biosphere... Other than that, at times I have difficulty believing the big bang theory. I rather like to believe that we're a colony that was placed here intentionally by others like us that inhabit another place, far away. Our sense of God may come from that feeling, that others put us here, but nobody really knows.

Other than that, would that make Jesus an alien? The world may never know. :eek:... :D

You have to use the theory of relativity, as the universe is expanding as we type. The overall geometry of the universe is determined wether the Omega cosmological parameter is less than, equal to, or greater than one.

Believe all of what you see and half of what you hear... It's all a matter of perception. Everyone has the capability to be their own synaesthetes, but the basis of "We are our own God" is one of the building blocks in Levian Satanism, which is what I don't understand when people act that way without realizing it.

But my opinion on the matter is that wether you do or don't believe in religion, why give that up. To think that you always have forgiveness and/or someone to turn to will take more off of your shoulders than feeling like there's no use for anything you do and living in a sense of hopelessness.

In psychiatric medicine, spirituality and religion is considered a single level of intelligence in its own. Once you throw that away, the chart of basic needs would imply that you have just voluntarily tossed a level of intelligence out of your proverbial window.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Always longer than human life on earth. So, let's go!

3. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

i think there's a deeper meaning to it all. I don't belive you live then you die and that's it.

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Welcome to the world of fundamentalism.

5. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

But even if we were placed here by someone or something, wouldn't life still be, in the end, meaningless?

6. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

im not reading this whole thread o_O

i'd rather just be happy to be anything at all, and live the best i can for the time that i am alive. Who knows, maybe i'll be born as something new, but i'll never live this specific life ever again

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Like I said, it's all a matter of perception. One thing may mean nothing to another, while another values it as good as gold. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Frankly, thinking about it doesn't really matter to me. I know who I am and I'm fine with my religion(s), so for the most part, nothing really makes me or breaks me anymore.

8. lindseybug

lindseybug Member

the point of life is to learn and love and let go.
    at least that's muh view on life