i've always wondered this...

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by ssj3gotenks, Sep 22, 2005.

1. ssj3gotenks

ssj3gotenks Member

At local nurseries where i live (home depot for example), the sell various cacti plants. I was wondering, if i bought one and removed the prickly things, would i be able to trip somehow with it, or are there only certain cacti that have hallucinogenic chemicals in them?

2. nesta

nesta Banned

only certain ones, some sold in nurseries. many that do not contain mescaline contain other alkaloids known to be psychoactive, many of the drugs are unknown (as to my knowledge)

since most of these are regarded as "false" peyote and are thought to cause bad trips, perhaps its simply a matter of dosage and what you're expecting and they could actually be used in a pleasant and beneficial manner. however the dosage is entirely unknown, and its not a good idea to put unknown drugs into your body.

only a few species of cactus contain usable amounts of mescaline, but some are available at some nurseries, because the general population doesnt understand what lies under the skin.

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

If you go to a nursery ask for specific cacti, such as: Trichocereus Pachanoi, Trichocereus Peruvianus, Trichocereus Cuzcoensis, Trichocereus Terscheckii, or Trichocereus Bridgesii. Personally I've never tried any of these, but I plan to purchase a T. Pachanoi or T. Peruvianus in the near future, as they seem to be the most potent.

4. gandhiwars

gandhiwars Member

Top-Notch I have to say I love that picture in your signature. It is truly crazy.

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Thanks, man. If you want to see more of them go to www.psychedelic-art.net and check out the public gallery, make sure to look at all of it because there is some freaky shit.. None of the work is mine but there are a lot of trippy pictures like this one. I just came up with the quote in my sig and found a picture that went along with the quote.

6. ginseng23

ginseng23 Member

Your best bet is to order cuttings from a dealer that ships them. I know JLHUDSON SEEDS sells them i think.

The alkaloid content may or may not be very good depending on growing conditions. To get high levels of mescaline you want living plant to endure some amount of stress whether its water stress, poking a knife through the cactus..etc, then let it grow a little more and stress it again..etc. Try not watering it for over a month or something.

7. rabbit801

rabbit801 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

8. MotoMojo

MotoMojo Member

One option is to just order some from ebay. I ordered 2 huge cuttings from ebay a few minutes ago-one is 19 inches and one is 16 inches. They're four pounds 11 ounces together, for 22 bucks. :)

9. mescalitoloco

mescalitoloco Member

The San Pedro (Trichocereus Pachanoi) are commonly sold at Walmart or Home Depot. These are legal to buy...sell...and cultivate Also is the Peruvian torch (Trichocereus peruvianus AND Trichocereus Bridgesii. All of which have useable amounts of mescaline. There is an art to getting this right. You cut the cacti down the middle. let it dry out a few days and remove all the white internals and discard, The chenical you seek is in the green flesh. Dry this and powderize it. About 50g of dried Pachanoi is good BUT you can buy dried peruvianus powder incense from mindzeyecreations.com. This has higher content and the average good dose is about 30g. If you get Pachanoi at the store...plant it. It is a wonderful spirited cacti. Thanks