IUD and sex drive problems

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by RedVelvety, Aug 15, 2020.

1. RedVelvety

RedVelvety Members

Hiya there people !

So here it goes... For 6 years I used the pill to the point where I had no sexdrive at all. I went to place an IUD, an hormonal one.

And then, BAM ! Jesus people, I've never had such a sex drive before ! I don't know what to do anymore ! I used to have sex like 3 to 6 times over 48h...

The first two weeks after my period, I get so horny I just had to have at least two or three orgasms a day or it get worse and worse.

I'm getting close to the third year wearing it and I feel like I am in heat all the dams time, i can spend a day in my bed masturbating and still not being satisfied...

Did anyone of you ever had that problem ? Is it normal ?

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I know what you mean. I'm male, and it's not to that extent, but there are days where I can tell... Those days it must be. :D

RedVelvety likes this.
  3. RedVelvety

RedVelvety Members

Fun days, but they are more and more often xD I'm starting to get worried

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My issues with that have waned. Since I turned forty, I'm more apt to self-control than self-indulgence. But it was kinda weird in my thirties. It was frequently something that needed to happen.

RedVelvety likes this.
  5. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Having an IUD in place has no bearing on sex drive in women other than they are more comfortable having sex without the worry of pregnancy afterwards. Otherwise women have a certain level of sex drive although it varies with each individual. The thought of this thread about an IUD promoting a stronger sex drive in women isn't necessarily the case. The underlying cause of lesser sex drive of RedVelvety was probably brought on by the BC pills. Once those were discontinued her drive increased. The synthetic hormones in the pill can lower libido in some women. It is estimated that around 5% to 10% of women who are on the pill experience a decrease in sex drive. So with RedVelvety it is not the IUD but the return of her body to a more natural state for her without the influence of the drug. BienGracias does not mention using BC pills but she probably has a high sex drive regardless of the use of an IUD.