iud and loss of libido?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by stonedgreen, May 4, 2021.

1. stonedgreen

stonedgreen Members

any women feel like it lowered your sex drive? my wife says her doctor told her its that, but yet I love that she has it. feeling a little down because of it

2. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

IUD. First it was fear of pregnancy. Then it was related to the pill. Then wedding cake. Then kids. Then hormones. Then metabolism. Then pre-, peri- and post-menopause. Forget it man, lobido for her is a down hill slide and get it while you may.

3. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

I question that theory, actually disagree strongly. I met 2 women using a IUD and there was no shortage of sex drive and horniness.
    The lack they had was to have less sexual desires

4. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Senior Member

No less in desire according to this one lady and her husband I used to converse with. Still loved sucking forever and fucked liked a bunny, but mostly with studs that hubby provided for her, while he watched.

5. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

Mmmmm. If I could meet her :)

6. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Senior Member

I'm afraid that's out, even if you did live near, since they have claimed to have quit the lifestyle.

7. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

"The most common change to the libido with an IUD is reported to be an increase in sex drive, but most women experience no change to their sex drive when using an IUD." That statement comes from an ObGyn office in Virginia. Since the most common change reported is increased not decreased libido, I expect the wife may be deflecting the real issue with her and sex. She reported her doctor saying this hoping to avoid her husbands advances. Probably because having a penis pushed into her body has become painful now and she doesn't want to admit that sex with her husband hurts. She fabricated the doctor story to cover the real issue. 30% of all women asked reported pain during sex. 10% of all women asked said they had chronic pain always during sex, sometimes it is excruciating. Psychologically she want's to please her husband but not at the expense of living in pain during and even long after having a romp in the bed. So if she can keep him at bay it's better for her. It isn't for him though. I think a long discussion outside of the bedroom is needed to find out what the real issue is with her and sex.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

OMG, While I am reading this thread, their is a pigeon squatting on our window sill with 2 other pigeons taking turns at bouncing up and down on top of her. :);):)

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

How long has she had it? Is it hormonal or copper coil?

10. stonedgreen

stonedgreen Members

copper because she says it's not the one with hormones

11. Wyoming455

Wyoming455 Members

No truer words have been typed on an Internet forum. [sigh]

12. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Get while the getting is good......

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I have Mirena, with localized hormones. They also have some copper, incidentally!
    The only part of the copper coil that could impact enthusiasm is heavier periods or cramping.

they can shift, and that has dampened my enthusiasm in the moment. Some yoga in what I call the “asana of pelvic pain” gets me over that. It’s really wiggling and stretching until the bugger shifts back.

Partner says he’s gotten poked, and it can get to be too much, so don’t aim for the cervix!

14. T Man x5

T Man x5 Newbie

My personal advise is to use the IUD the copper version which has no hormones! I know women been using it for over 10 years without any issues!

15. Tarp

Tarp Member

My wife used a copper IUD and then the Mirena for a combined ~14 years. If it affected her libido, neither of us sensed it. They were not without other issues though for which she had them removed and replaced several times. The pros outweighed the cons for her. Still nothing like it is now though. After menopause, and a tiny dose of hormones, things are like heaven not having to worry about birth control.

16. Jamie28London

Jamie28London Members

My ex wife had the contraceptive injection. This made her gain weight and lose interest in sex altogether. So it really did help prevent pregnancy.

17. FunLove

FunLove Newbie

How long does it have to be implanted to become effective?

18. Tonynewyork6969

Tonynewyork6969 Members

My fwb had one for years. If anything it made her more sexually active. She was with dozens and I mean dozens of men for years. She had it removed because she wanted a child and got pregnant quickly but there were about 6 potential fathers including me. Now post menopausal.