It's War! America Attacks Libya!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, Mar 18, 2011.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Any minute now, the US along with some European and Arab allies will attack Libya. It's WAR! With the UN resolution authorizing a no-fly zone over Libya and any "necessary means" to prevent attacks on Libyan civilians by the Gaddafi government, the US is now free to attack Libya at will.

The Arab League has also authorized action against Gaddafi and some of their members will be providing military support, probably jets to police the no-fly zone.

But the responsibility for taking out Gaddafi's defenses will fall to the European allies and the US. Gaddafi has some formidable weapons, including some new Russian S-300 anti-aircraft units that I believe were originally destined for Iran, but Gaddafi took them when the Russians cancelled the sale. So now the US has to face off against those same weapons in another battle zone. In addition to those Gaddafi also has some late model MIG-29s that can also be deadly.

So it's no cakewalk like Afghanistan or Iraq. Gaddafi also has CHEMICAL and possibly BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS. Yes folks, those famous Weapons of Mass Destruction that supposedly was the reason for the Iraq war can now be used against this new coalition for oil.

And Gaddafi has just said if attacked he will attack Europe and other states that attack him. Egypt has refused to allow the US to use its bases. Ha! Mubarak would have done it gladly, for a price. But the Egyptians are Libya's neighbors and many Egyptians live in Libya so they don't want to get too dirty over this.

So this new Coalition for Libyan Oil, is the US joined by the UK and France. Germany is not a part of this operation and actually abstained from the UN vote, as did Russia and China.

So the UK and France are scheduled to handle the flyovers, the US is likely to provide long range support at a distance from the action, which includes monitoring the situation via AWACs and drones, use of cruise missiles and other types of precision weapons to take out Gaddafi's defenses. There will be no American soldiers on the ground or occupation of Libya, or so they say at this point.

2. _zero_

_zero_ Newbie

The French are actually going to get off their condescending, self-centered, obnoxious asses and do something to help somebody else? :confused: We haven't seen that in a long time. I can't wait to see it. :rolleyes:

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Evidently Sarkozy and his kozy oil friends have been drooling over Libya's oil, along with the UK, they've been falling over each other to get this war started. They supposedly had to drag a reluctant US into this. Sarkozy was the first to demand a no-fly zone, and hasn't been hesitant to show his eagerness to fight Gaddafi. I guess Total doesn't have enough interests in Libya yet.

4. _zero_

_zero_ Newbie

I'll take that over their usual game of sitting back and telling the rest of the world what we should be doing, while they sip wine and thank god for their superior tastes.

Even if this thing is mostly for oil, there's no way to feel sorry for this pathetic dictator. His 15 minutes of fame were up decades ago. I hope every decent person in Libya gets a chance to spit on his grave - if they can find enough pieces to bury.

5. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

no war is a good war

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Gaddafi needs to go but I was hoping it could be resolved internally and I was really hoping America would not be the country to step in and resolve it if outside help was needed.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

who else would step in?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

other arab nations, perhaps? Or a UN-led effort instead of an American-led effort.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Gaddoofus dont stand a chance against a US lead air strike. cant even hold off the few rebels attacking him now. the only reasons rebels have not made any further advancement ., they dont want loss of life and know the doofus is running on borrowed time..

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

never doubt americans when it comes to butting into other peoples affairs

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yup. Our infrastructure is falling apart and our military is stretched too thin as it is. I think we need to retreat from world affairs for a while until we can fix our own problems.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Iran

13. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

No it's not American's it's our politicians that can't mind their own buisness. I think a great deal of the US wants nothing to do with this bs, let them fight their own battles. We have our own people and economy to worry about right now.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

But isn't that part of the problem?

Most Americans don't want to worry about anything. It's our fault those politicians are in power. And that goes twice as strongly for anyone who doesn't vote.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Im surprised there isnt more countries offering help

theres quite a few who lost people in Pam Am Flight 103

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

.. payback is a bitch..

17. Lostthoughts

Lostthoughts Thostloughts

Do you honestly think this situation would be that much different if a few different politicians had been elected?

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they should have went back and finished

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont think we're going to be pulling Gaddafi out a spider hole, either.. I believe he wants to go out like Tony Montana..

20. Lostthoughts

Lostthoughts Thostloughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZ3nCXyb_Q&feature=related"]YouTube - George Carlin We Like War