its snowing

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzy21, Apr 4, 2007.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

are you fucking kidding me. its april and its sitll snowing, wtf is that? :mad:

2. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

that sucks man. i feel for you. luckily it's not here (philly).. but they said maybe this weekend. i hate snow. i need to move out west or something. good luck! =)

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Yeah, it's supposed to snow here today too. It was 80 degrees yesterday.

4. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

it's snowing like a bastard here (VT).........the snowpack just melted though so hopefully it'll be gone in a couple days.......

5. fitzy21

yea, i'm in Vt too...my roomate came in the room and told me it was snowing out...not cool at all

it better be a nice weekend.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's insane... it's like 87 out here... hot as shit, I can't even sleep at night because it's so hot.

7. wiuf

wiuf Member

tut tut, it looks like rain. here in Jersey, anyway.

8. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

sleep naked. that always does the trick for me =)

9. wiuf

wiuf Member

yeah Pavel. post some pics too. :H

10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Its been snowing here. Marquette is supposed to get a blizzard. That’s not far from where I am. I have to get used to this cold weather again.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the last place i still lived with my parents it snowed 8 FEET in 8 hours overnight ON THE 2'ND OF JUNE. and this was in california! my part of california that is.

granted this was a mountain pass, the very summit, at an eleivation of 7,000 feet where we were living at the time.

(which btw, is the kind of place i'd rather be living then where i am, down in this stinking hot valley, which right now though, is just about purrfect)

but anyway, so what's the big deal about snow in april?

=^^=
    .../\...

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

no big deal..........but i've been seeing nothing but white since November........wanna see some green, wanna go hiking/biking/bouldering etc....want to eat some fresh local organic veggies....eh, I shouldn't bitch, its like this every year but usually by this time i'm ready for the green season.

13. fitzy21

yea, theres always atleast some snow still left over in may....absurd...4 years ago was the worst though, that winter wsa brutal

14. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

oh yeah, winter 2003. I remember I was living in a camp on lake salem, we had snow drifts OVER the roof, I remember it getting to -45 with like -60 windchill......i'll never forget that winter, so much snow, so cold. Our pipes were frozen all winter long and we had to go outside and get water out of a fast flowing spring. I remember some serious drag racing on sleds across the lake that year, I also remember being drunk and trying to drag race against sleds with my Toyota truck.....lol

15. fitzy21

haha, that winter i did a week long ice trek at Smugglers Notch...it was so cold...i had a bit of frostbite on my nose by the end haha - there were days when it hit -60, when the ski mountain was closed, it was nuts. . i came back home to boston, being around 20 degrees...went out in shorts because it felt so warm out

16. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

yeah I usually start wearing shorts once it gets to about 30-40.......hell i'm wearing shorts right now, lol. I find it funny when people bitch about it being cold........if it's not below 0, it's not cold......you get used to it though. I can't wait to hit up smuggs and mansfield area for some hiking............i'm itching to be out in the mountains again. Theirs trails all over new england I want to hit this summer.

17. fitzy21

if i'm up here in the summer, i'm definately gonna start hiking...just to do something fun and relaxing...plus i want to take some pictures and stuff

18. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

lol, you just listed my 2 main hobbies, hiking and photography. You definitely should stick around for the summer, it's the best time of year in VT, everything is indescribably beautiful, their is just so much to do outdoors, beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, flora and fauna...........this is definitely one of the most gorgeous places in North America. Also theirs quite a few festivals around these parts in the green months.

19. fitzy21

yea, i'm most likely will be staying up here for the summer....2 main problems: get a job and transportation...

i would love to just go hiking, the mountains look beautiful. my friends climbed up Camels Hump a few weeks ago, well they went up on climbing skiis. but the pics they took look awesome.

but i dont know much about the lakes or rivers or anything like that or where to go...if i do stay, i really dont' want to be just stuck in northfield all summer long haha

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I do sleep naked! :D

... and Nick, I would post pics, but I cannot take pictures of myself sleeping.