it's black history month in feb

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lynsey, Jan 29, 2005.

1. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I could talk all day about the bullshit they teach in schools right through university. The misinformation, bias, and subtle insults to my mind span all subjects. I read a great book, "Black Spark, White Fire." It show how the cradle of western civilization, ancient Greece, learned their wisdom from Egypt. Which, of course, to the chagrin of many, is in fact still in Africa.
    And I take back the cornflakes comment........lol

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I wonder if I'm going to get as wise as you are by the time I'm your age.

Damn I hope not. :D

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

My, you can be insulting for no reason...your sub header says it all..with such vast knowledge then you still support this PC rally, given that you then comment about the distorted history taught in general......ok.

You do not need to take back your comment about cornflakes, as it is what you meant.....just as mine are what I meant....although not personally insulting to you.

You may do begrudginly and accept that as what is a given and a dishonest representation today as that is what is taught.....I simply do not. Instead I choose to teach my children that while that is taught and in part the truth, there is another side that is not represented.....the side that was hurt.

Life teaches us......if we listen to the ones who can.

Once again I thank you for your thoughts.

4. BlackGuardXIII

you're there awready, duuuude! way!

Like totally

i feel ya.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I have to enjoy my month in october.......

6. BlackGuardXIII

i do not do begrudging, and i let bigots know just what i think of them, n it aint pretty. my eyes were opened up 10 years ago, when I spent 5 years in a serious relationship with a black lady. I learned that I was blind to Canada's subtle, wry form of bigotry. I lost touch with most of my friends and family becuz I just hated their denials and weird questions, that I had no answers for. It is sad, it is infuriating, it is depressing, but what do you do. "Always look on the bright side of life." I was once called a 'God fearin fag lover." It is not too far off, really. I took it as a complement.

7. Heat

I am sorry that you had that personal experience....wish with all the light I have that you had not. Reality is that no matter what country we live in there will always be people who are willing to turn history around and spin it, until it fits what they precieve to be the truth and what will be taken by the masses as truth or accepted.

While I will always try to find light as in the bright side of life, I also know there is no light sometimes in people and that there is nothing I can do to bring them light. That I fight all the time as it is up to me to also teach my children what is real light.....they can not react with fair judgement, unless they know all......Perhaps a saw off for me as otherwise I might just not remain level and sane as I would join then the PC at their very best for the wrong reason......other than protecting the rights of all, which should be what is PC.

Night and I thank you for the glimpse into the real person behind the handle. I am once again sorry that humanity let you down.....sad, it is the norm ....we humans are a mess.

Take care.

8. BlackGuardXIII

I thank you for your kind words, and they mean a lot to me. I do not feel all that bad though, I used to. It took me 3 years to actually stand behind my words with my parents, who dissed us the whole 5 years. In the end I just quit going to family dinners, even after we broke up. Now I am good with it, I accept that it is not my duty to enlighten anyone.....lol, as if I could anyway. I let them be, and just gravitate to more likeminded folk. I still love them, just cannot be around the -vity and insults. I am always called 'too sensitive, too pc, anti-white, etc.....' So be it, maybe I am, but I am content and believe in what I have chosen to accept as truth for me. They can have their own truth, and i would not even claim mine is any better, just different. We can all be right, but hate is not where I want to be, no matter how veiled it is.Love Ken

9. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Bullshit.

I think the idea of people getting a "month" -- anyone, not just blacks -- is just stupid.

But more to the point, I don't like the fact that we are practicing reverse racism and all pretending that it's not just as wrong as regular racism. It's bigotry. Think about it: we are saying that one race (blacks) is entitled to make a big to-do about its race, at the same time that another race (whites) may not. If we had a month to extol the wonderful things whites have done (space travel, electricity, internal combustion engine, telephone, television, radio, microscopes, telescopes, antibiotics...) we'd be called racist.

So what makes the difference? What specifically makes it alright to be proud and in-your-face of being black but not being white? Is it that you can have a month for yourselves as long as you are NOT the "top race"? You have to be from a race that hasn't accomplished as much, because if you are from a race that has done the most, has the most going for it, has been on top for too long, it's considered gloating when you point out what great things you've accomplished?

Really, I just don't get it. What is the deciding factor between one race being RACIST for celebrating itself, and another race being LAUDED for its racial pride?

It's considered positive when someone says, "I'm a proud, strong black woman!" but if a white woman said, "I'm a proud, strong white woman" they'd tell her to STFU and go live on a compound with white separatists in Nebraska or something, and call her a John Bircher or Klan bitch or something.

This whole intellectually dishonest doublethink thing is disgusting.

-Jeffrey

10. Heat

Ken, I am wishing you peace with your path and with where you are. Life is full of twists and turns and lessons that sometimes we just need to learn and to allow in us.

I am sorry that your family do not embrase your views...but also that is sometimes what is life and what brings us each to where we need to be. Growth is not bad as long as we do not blame those who did not grow.

Night and wishing you peace with all that is this so called life and plane of where we all are.

11. BlackGuardXIII

reverse racism

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Okay, so your dad stole my dads house, and then you and I grow up and I come to you and say hey that was our house, give it back............you say,
    no we're all equal now, lets just forget about it and start from here...........
    I say, not fucking likely............reverse racism.............lolololol
    Awwwwwwww, we have to give some back............bring on armageddon, please God, hurry it up over here.

12. peacefuljeffrey

Look, if people are waiting for everyone to stop what they're doing and stroke the black people's egos and tell them how wonderful they are, they can just stop now.

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE EQUAL, AS RACES.

We're not supposed to be waiting for people to kiss our asses because of what race we are.

If you want EXTRA treatment, SPECIAL treatment, then come out in the open and SAY that, but be warned, because to want that is to want MORE THAN EQUAL TREATMENT, and that become RACISM all over again.

Face it, EQUAL means EQUAL. It does not mean, "We get about 100 more years to flaunt our race and get special treatment because of it."

-Jeffrey

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I dont know, the germans have a celebration to themselves called "oktoberfest" nothing wrong with that. its just an excuse for us, germans, to get plastered.

14. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

haha, the germans arent celebrating their skin colour.

15. BlackGuardXIII

that is great in theory, but in practice, I think a little restitution is in order...if only 5%, it would be a symbolic gesture. The problem is that the survivors of the atrocious criminal acts of hate on generations of forebears generally has a damaging effect to some of the children, raised by abused parents, they have a tough go of it. But what I hear is, no way, not 1 fucking %, no fair, reverse racism. Well, then I guess we just convince people like my fiances Native Band that the theft and abuse is over, and now that we have all there best property, lets call her square. If you can just get them to buy into that, and some actually will, then it'll all be good. I am all for reverse racism, it is called being fair. Giving some back.............why not just a little? It is the loving thing to do, and I think it is a necessity, as we move towards a day when we can truly smile and say, we really are all treated equally. Ain't there yet. And if you say we are, I can accept that, I just differ in opinion, and it is okay to disagree. We can make it work, I know it.

16. peacefuljeffrey

Of course I'm going to be labeled "racist" because of this and my other posts, even though I'm not (it's those who want to single out and notice and recognize "race" who are racist, not those who want everyone to just be humans without regard to skin color)...

But what you are saying about not exposing the horrible wrongs blah blah blah is bullshit. We righted those wrongs: we outlawed slavery. We had thousands and thousands of people die in a war that was largely about that issue. There is no way to go back in time and undo the fact that slavery was done.

If we're going to be fair, why don't we go back throughout history and diminish the current standing of ANY culture that at ANY TIME practiced slavery -- because THEY ALL DID. The Greeks are considered the "cradle of civilization" but they had slaves. Slaves that were brought to the U.S. were often bought from black africans who held them as slaves themselves.

So what the fuck can "whitey" do now, to finally make people leave the past in the past? We don't have slavery NOW, so what more can people who are living NOW do?!

You all come down on the "white race" as though we are not doing enough to atone for the past. Well, what has the rest of the world done to atone for their pasts? Have the Greeks paid for the slavery of their past? Have the Egyptians paid each and every JEW for the history of slavery?

Everyone wants to be made a millionaire without having to work. They want to sue a company for millions because they slipped on a wet floor and bumped their elbow. They want millions because their ancestors were taken from Africa as slaves. NO ONE WHO IS ALIVE TODAY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT, SO NO ONE WHO IS ALIVE TODAY OWES FOR IT.

My ancestors, though white, were still in fuckin' POLAND and RUSSIA when the slaves were brought here. So explain to me why "reparations" are due FROM ME to blacks? My family is no more "native" to America than the blacks were. We are no more responsible for the trauma of slavery than the slaves themselves were. Hey, by the way, are black tribes in Africa going back into their histories to find out which tribes owe reparations to which others because they conquered and sold them to the white slave traders? :confused: :rolleyes:

-Jeffrey

17. Heat

peacefuljeffery......my first and last post to you on this.

Piss off......have read too many of your posts on this to not know exactly where you stand on it and to be fair you did not ever post on one of mine so could not answer......just the way I am.

You are a racist. My opinion and to me that is all that counts when I post.

Now I can post, you should not of given me the opprotunity. Piss off.

Done...
    Have a great night.

18. peacefuljeffrey

I'm sorry "Black History Month" isn't enough, in your opinion.

Would you please outline what you think needs to be done?

Is it not enough that slavery and discrimination are across-the-board outlawed?

What more needs to be done? Payment of MONEY for reparations?
    You don't think that would be patronizing and offensive? "Here's $250,000 for your troubles. Sorry your ancestors were slaves." That's not offensive and "PC"?

How would we be sure, if we were to take government money (in other words, your and my taxes) to give to blacks as "reparations," that we would be giving it only to those blacks who had actual ancestors who were slaves? There are blacks who are Americans who came here long after slavery was abolished. They shouldn't get money, because their families were not part of the suffering. (Forget about the fact that payments for suffering that you didn't personally endure is bullshit. I'm sure that members of my lineage were killed in the holocaust, since they were Russian Jews, but we're not going to Germany 60 years later and saying, "Pay up, I hurt because my ancestors suffered at your hands.")

Just what is it you think WOULD be enough to wipe the slate clean and start fresh?

And if you don't think we can EVER start fresh, then why the fuck should whites make any capitulations whatsoever? You're telling them they can't possibly get to even, and it will be a "we'll-never-let-you-live-this-down" kind of thing. It's already looking like that since apparently the attitude is that ending slavery in a WAR that cost thousands of lives was not enough. I don't think that the "reparationist" hunger will ever be satisfied.

Look, if you were being blackmailed by someone, and they said, "Pay me $10,000 or I go public with these pictures I have of you," and you paid them, and they said, "Now pay me another $10,000," why the fuck would you pay them? They've already made clear that they're gonna keep up the blackmail forever, and that you're NOT BUYING PROTECTION from the blackmail by paying the cost.

-Jeffrey

19. Heat

Read above this post.

I detest what you represent.

Done.

You in my opinion are a racist. In real life I would cull you out of my circle.....on the internet it is even easier. :)

Done!

20. peacefuljeffrey

What do we have that we stole from blacks that we can give back, exactly?

Please tell me what plan you have to give it back, and how we won't end up taking from people who were not guilty of anything (well, technically that's ALL whites because no living white was around to have slaves then before it was abolished), or giving it to people who don't have ancestors who were enslaved.

In other words, since we can't make any kind of legitimate and accurate payment for the wrong of slavery, the issue is just an eternal "rub it in your face" thing that blacks can have and keep against whites.

Keep waiting for that armageddon thing, dude. Since there's no god, I'm sure you'll be waiting a long time.

Or, if there is a god, why'd he let slavery go on?

-Jeffrey