It's been a while.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by moon_flower, Feb 6, 2009.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

So, I finally got a new computer, and internet. It's been a LONG time since I've been here, some names I recognize and some I don't.
    At any rate, I'm due to give an update.

Alexis is now 2 going on 30! Lol.
    She's super smart....she can recognize and name her colors, count to 10 and dress herself. She talks extremely well, or that's what the other mothers at the daycare tell me, maybe because it's just us and we're all eachothers got to talk to?

I am beginning to worry about a spot of autism. She's getting quite compulsive about certain things....she has a set of Disney plates for her 'kitchen'; the other day I was cooking and she was behind me playing and I turned around to see them laying sorted by color (there's a big dish and small dish per color) and all of the princesses were facing the right way and they were in a perfect semi-circle. She kept taking a step back and pushing each one until they were just right....is that normal for her age or should I get her somewhere to be looked at for autism? She's not super picky about too many other things....just organizing and placement.

Anywho, she goes to an in-home daycare while I go to school (I figured I owe it to myself to see if I can really make a career out of something I love) and work part-time.
    Her father sees her once a week and only because I take her to his house to visit his mother and grandfather. Other than that, he doesn't call about her or concern himself with her.

2. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Hiya moonflower!!! So glad to "see" you again!

Lining your toys up like that COULD be a sign of autism... but it could also be something as benign as a highly organized personality. I wouldn't worry quite yet - just keep an eye on her.

Got any new pictures to share?!?
    love,
    mom

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Hey! Good to see you again!

Like homeschoolmama said, I wouldn't worry about the lining toys up yet. I was always super organized like that, had to have everything in color order. My sons are the same way, and actually, so is my 3 year old nephew.

And it sure sounds like you've got one really smart little cookie! Good job mama!