It's all In Your Head.

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Ged, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So if it's outside your head, where is it?

Just like laying on the table, scattered around on the floor?

You make zero sense, man.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The moth to the flame could never comprehend, that's its all inside its head, but it isn't. An inside without an outside is cartoonland.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I think he means, that we hope it's paranoia contained in our minds, and not the real thing. ( Threats, harassment, stalking, being spied upon.)

Some people have delusional voices and a "paranoid" sensibility, but also have to contend with being a "targeted individual."

4. wooleeheron

The idea that you can actually get away from the world's problems today is why it is now possible to buy a vacation package to Antarctica and the wealthy are still talking about moving to Mars. The US is ready to erupt into civil war or declare half the country a part of the third world, while the latest estimates are we have less than twenty years before global ecological collapse. Only fucking lawyers debate the meaning of words and how much to charge for using them, while Rome burns to the ground.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Against the law to fuck chickens?? Uh-oh--now they've done it!

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Whose estimates? There are more trees on the planet now than in the past 100 years, lots of ecological preserves and protected areas such as national parks. We have protection for endangered species and habitats in place. Not to mention waves of armchair environmentalists bringing attention to issues and actually getting the government to address them through things like regulation.

So where are you getting that we're headed to a global ecological collapse in the next twenty years?

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't know about 20 years, but I think there should be free birth control throughout the world for any women that wants it. Resources are not finite, in case no one has considered that. I'd say that there is a good chance you-all will see chaos in your lifetimes. I, of course, will be dead as the proverbial door nail.

8. wooleeheron

The most recent devastating news is that the tundra is melting and now releasing large amounts of methane into the atmosphere. People are already freaking out and insisting action must be taken immediately. The mighty Columbia river and Hoover damn are rapidly drying up and the US has already secured water rights from Canada. The North Pole has vanished in the summer and is rapidly heading towards vanishing altogether, along with all the icebergs in the world melting. California no longer has a fire season as far as officials are concerned.

Don't hold your breath waiting for governments to inform you of anything, because all they care about is keeping the mindless idiots from panicking. There are other urgent threats, such as the amount of plastic in the environment killing off species, but those require perhaps 50 years instead of twenty to become really urgent. A decade here, a decade there, and pretty soon you're talking extinction.

About ten years ago every water pipe in Alaska burst, because the ground six feet down thawed and then froze again. They buried the new pipes deeper, and we are about to find out if it was deep enough. It is illegal to even walk out of town in Alaska without a Tundra Walker license, because the ground can swallow you alive if the bears don't get you.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    scratcho likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Free birth control is a good idea, and along with it the normalisation of not having kids and encouraging people to see it as a choice, not an inevitable thing. I love children and being in children's lives but I 100% don't need my own and I don't think it's that abnormal, but a lot of people don't seem to seriously even consider the idea of not doing it.

10. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

If you don't want kids you have no business having them.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't remember ever being taught the idea it was okay to not want them. I was lucky and made a friend who gave me the idea. It was easy for him because he actively doesn't like kids, where as I do, but I like my life without them more. If that was seen as a valid choice I bet more people would make it.