its about time....350 million in aid

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mariecstasy, Dec 31, 2004.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

That is so true. Unfortunately, his brother has more than ruined the entire Bush name for me... Jeb won't have my vote.

2. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

well I have never voted for a Bush ......and I don't plan on it anytime soon

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hahaha, me either!

i'm glad to hear that there's more money available to the tsunami victems.

just a reminder that the canadian govt is matching funds that are donated in canada, so to double your donation, make sure you give thru a canadian agency.

4. ImmortalDissident

Hey, I didn't vote for Bush either... but that wasn't my point.

And thanks for the info about the Canadian donations. I hadn't heard that.

5. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

The people in wherever the tsunami hit can suck my dick they should be taking care of the people that need help here first

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I just went to a site and they claim $400Million in aid thus far is promised and another $250 Million in assistance to rebuild. Now I do not mean to come off hash here but this is the people of very poor countries. What saddens me further still is the money does not seem to be reaching those who need it most (I wonder why). These people make according to the advertised income ratios of about $300.00 per year, thus far enough aid has been raised to give everyone there $130.00, that is almost 6 months wages right up front and that is every man, woman and child that amount. That seems abit out there to do what for these people? What is worse is it seems some one is raiding the cookie jar before the people are getting thier money too.

I bet everyone in the paths of our natural disasters did not get 6 months wages for themselves and their children.

7. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

yes, but your natural disasters dont destroy thousands of lifes, homes, infastructure, tourism and probably economys.

8. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

cant we just kill off the ones that are left, that would probably be cheaper

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

exactly....its not the six months wages we are trying to give them....but their lives...its not like we can say....heres 130 go buy some water....they need shelter, clothes, hospitals, roads, bridges, schools, water, food, you name it, they need it

10. vanadium3333

vanadium3333 Banned

I think we kind of owe it to these people to send much, much more aid; aren't we in the West partially to blame for the socio-political conditions that have left these nations with large populations of poor people living in shacks by the sea?

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

hello, we're not just sending cash. cash is being spent on docs, people to rebuild infrastructure. what good is throwing cash at someone when there's nothing they can do with it? "hear of a natural disaster? oh no, don't bother assessing the situation, getting your ducks in a row and figure out a strategy...THAT'S STINGY!!" fuck that, that's such bullshit. someone just looking for another reason to bitch. i'm sure the usa is totally to blame for the tsunami, too. can't blame god because you don't believe in in god? then blame the usa. i'm just a little fucking irritated over this back biting and monday morning jockeying.

12. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

you tell'em how you feel kc!

13. mynameiskc

yeah, i get fed up over shit. if i can't say so here, i'd probably have no friends in real life. ;)

14. ImmortalDissident

Who exactly is blaming the US?

15. mynameiskc

loads of people. it's getting annoying. conspiracy theorists and people who think the usa is to blame for everything that has ever gone wrong in the world since our inception. you know the sort.

16. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Your correct KC and my point was the money we have been sending was plain stupid. The money does not help when it is food and water that they need. As for our natural disasters not having an effect on lives, economy and tourism, you are the dumbest person I have had the misfortune of reading from. Florida? Duh! The people that live along the gulf are not our nations rich, several lives were lost too! We have our share of crap here to deal with, my point was simple that the amount sent thus far is way too much money! They need items not cash! A BILLION DOLLARS is worthless in the desert and no place to buy water!

17. ImmortalDissident

Not that I'm disagreeing YankNBurn... but it is much easier and more economically efficient for us to send money rather than supplies. We give them money, which they are supposed to buy supplies with.

One of the complaints of a lot of people is that the money we give isn't being spent properly... to that I say... we have someone in charge of foreing affairs. Why don't we already have a system set up that allows the other country to make a list of needs, then have their people and our people make a budget, all while we do the money handling?

This whole thing is a mess.

18. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

And how much of your hard earned cash has everyone sent to these people? If you believe in a cause then do something about it yourself and quit waiting for the government to do everything for you. Everyone complains about the government. Well then put down the pipe, get off your ass and fucking vote.

19. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

with cash they are able to buy supplies within in the region quickly and not have to wait for them to cross the globe to get to the needy .... and our disasters are nothing compared to this.

and a billion dollars in the desert means you could have water flown in if you wanted it.

20. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i vote and i sent a hundred dollars...which i could not afford but i did it simply cause i feel the need to help...