Its a shame when you don't get excited about things as much as you used to

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Face Eater, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I really think the only thing that would excite me these days was the possibility of regular sex and conversation with a beautiful, intelligent woman, or leaving for an epic overseas holiday.

Changing the subject slightly, something just happened that should really excite me. My parents and I are going to go into a partnership and I am going to partly own a home for myself. Its a lovely little unit in a crappy suburb, but it will be all mine. I will have to pay it off over a decade, but my parents are happy for me to rent it out to other people if I want to go overseas etc.

No late night parties, no having to talk to people when I don't have the energy, no arguing about who does the dishes more. Its a clean house, and I am going to keep it that way. There is a nice little bare plot of land in which I can plant native trees and a little herb garden for cooking. It has two bedrooms, so I may be able to house a nice chinese exchange student, or have a guestroom.

I am currently living in a dive and need a new place where I can concentrate on looking after my health and studying before I start University in March. This could not have come at a better time.

Meh...so, my own place. I am very lucky.

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I get excited about everything still. I still act like a little kid, lol.

3. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Well it sounds nice on paper. But like, is your heart into it?

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I go through phases

Sometimes I feel jaded, other times I get excited about simple things

I don't know about over there, but right now would be a good time to buy a house here I would think, though I am not a big fan of suburbs

5. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

Yes and no.

The reality is that I cannot live with the majority of people, and yet I really enjoy the company of others, especially my current housemates who are wonderful people. If I had the energy I would be out in the backyard getting drunk with them, but I just can't do this, and I can't deal with the constant influx of drunken visitors and their disrespect for my privacy. As a result, I kind of feel this situation is forced upon me because I have a few health problems, so I am a little sad. I feel like I can't play with the other kids.

At the same time, I have a tendency to be intensely private and this will give me all of the freedom I need. It will also prevent my life from sucking big time, and will give me a nice, quiet place to study and excel at university.

I am very happy with this, but a little sad that I need to live alone. If I meet a nice girl perhaps she could move in with me.

6. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

aw poo. i'm the same way, i can't live with ANYONE, not even family. i love going and hanging with people, but i NEVER get along with roommates. dean is the only person i've been able to peacefully live with because he lets me be and he is just easy for me to get along with.

it sounds delightful to me, and you will have the option of letting some nice lady move in with you. herb garden sounds awesome, i think you will enjoy yourself. you can always invite friends over if you get too lonely. and you have us.

7. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

RT will always be my home away from home.