Italy-Alaska one way.. please answer me..!

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by ToBeARock&NotToRoll, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ToBeARock&NotToRoll

ToBeARock&NotToRoll Guest

hello everybody, i'm an Italian girl... i'm looking for someone who lives in Alaska because I want to move to Alaska and simply never come back... I've never been there so I'd like to know someone who tells me if my thoughts about this place are realistic or not. Italian life doesn't suit me and I am searching just freedom and a place where live at 100%. ...yeah, just... I don't know why but actually I'm in love with this country so answer me please because I like to dream but dreams are better if they become reality.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You just decided to move to alaska?

Well first of all, you have to give your life story, as well as those of any previous incarnations, to come NEAR the US, much less become a citizen. And to become a citizen you have to take a test that many american government professors would fail. And that's if they let you, because they will NOT let you, because they don't understand that our population is shrinking, not growing... The only reason we're even staying level is because of illegals. (well somewhere, someone knows it, but not on the PR/propaganda side of things)

Italy is cool, unless it's got mega problems I don't know about. And being in the EU, you can go anywhere you want there with pretty much no worries, why don't you find somewhere there you like? I mean, I realize you're having the same depopulation problem that we are, only you're being replaced by fanatical muslims... but maybe you can live it out there and enjoy what's left of the culture before it devolves into bedouin society ruled by sharia law, and then appeal to the US for ammnesty... By that time, we'll have a mexican president, so they'll actully understand coming to the US to escape unbearable conditions elsewhere.

/rant.

But seriously, (and no offence) but there's no fucking way that, coming from italy, you'd even survive in alaska... And you'd fucking hate it.

3. ToBeARock&NotToRoll

ToBeARock&NotToRoll Guest

why do you say that i'd fucking hate it? i am just trying to understand, despite of all the problems that could be to move out from here.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Use your brain.... If you can't do that, you can't move anywhere and survive, anyway. To be blunt, they don't want you. America has forgotten it's roots as a nation of immigrants.

Because you're from a little condensed warm country, and alaska is a massive cold very sparsely populated state with vastly different laws, people, customs, and that doesn't like people like you.

5. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I've spent the summer in Alaska for the last 30 years. A very excepting group of people, I don't know why numb nuts says they don't want you. But you may wanna plan on having a round trip ticket when you go.

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

At this very moment in Fairbanks, Alaska it is -37c. Somehow I think the harsh weather may not be your only challenge....

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yeah, don't forget that accepting militant alaska seperatist party....

Accepting for america, maybe, which is not an accepting place... Canada is america too, much as alaska, really. You should look at captain cannabis' thread about how he set those guido's strait, when they made a silly comment about his hair. It's called "dread insult turned nasty (almost)" or something like that.

8. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I think RooR may be anticipating a measure of hostility from the people in reaction to someone who may well not be at all prepared for such a quantum leap and whose first language is not English- therefore not exactly an ideal fit in an economy where jobs are hard to come by. Perhaps the wording may have been needlessly rough but I may understand where he's coming from.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Alaska is sparsely populated for a reason :p,,its freaking COLD!!!!!!

oh...and the animals there will eat you :)

[​IMG]

10. TrudgingShit

TrudgingShit Banned

word to the wise.. stay home. predators prey on people who leave home. young pretty girls backpacking and alone. vulnerable. susceptible to all sorts of dangers in a strange place. be smart, stay home and find what you love there... by home i mean europe. maybe move to the country side in Italy and make a little farm? meet some local country boys. start a new life in your home country?

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Exactly.

At least get that round trip ticket anyway, and maybe try going some other places too, see what fits you. The world's full of nice places (for the healthy and free of obligation, unlike me... Or I'd be thinking a bit harder about going some of em, like italy :p )

I mean, you wouldn't want to move somewhere you've never even set foot, would you?....

12. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

What the fuck do you guy think Alaska is like? It's not full a bunch of barbarians. Most of the people came for somewhere else in the US and the world. Alaska is use to people traveling with a huge amount of seasonal work. I've met many people from around the world. I'm sure it would be harder dealing the the visa thing than the people of alaska.

13. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

ya lets move to a state than has like 5 days of sunshine and is dark the other 360 days

14. fishy

fishy Member

It's really not that bad here... I moved to the Kenai peninsula of Alaska from Montana and the weather here isn't completely terrible (-13 right now but that's the coldest I've seen so far). Try to have a job lined up before you get here. Come in the summer(you don't wanna be homeless in the winter here) and as someone above said buy a round trip ticket just in case. Oh and watch out for bears, I'm a Montana boy and usually I'm ready to take on nature head first but I've been stopped several times from hiking because people report bears in the area dont know about you ities but i dont think you can take on bears

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I didn't mean that it sucks there, I'd like to live in alaska... I just mean it's a HELL of a culture shock for someone from italy, and that they just may not be prepared.... sounds like someone just wanted to go to the steriotypical opposite culture...

16. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ToBeARock&NotToRoll

A hundred years ago I guess you would have just set off and jumped into the adventure ... great !

Nowadays we've got to jump legal hurdles and loops instead, we get eaten by paper work, frost-bitten by red-tapism and bureaucrazy, and blacked out by safety paranoia.

Yet your dreams are to help you grow and change, and live the life that calls to you most ... and even if it turns out like nothing you'd expected, you grow with the experience.

Roll on, rock on ... be the one you want to be

17. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

People call me negative?

What in the hell is wrong with you guys?

To the OP, if YOU want to go to alaska... then go...

Yes, there are hardships there, just like there are hardships everywhere.

Yes, there are predatory people there... just like there are everywhere.

Yes, there are challenges to living there, just like everywhere.

The people there, are going to be just as strange to you as the people in florida or australia would be to you.

Take precautions, be safe and follow your heart.

18. Gonzo_Kerouac

Gonzo_Kerouac Member

Why do you want to come to Alaska? What would you like to do here?

19. fishy

fishy Member

Just as a warning(i don't know about Italy) but, Alaska is pretty expensive compared to the states and i think most people don't realize that when they move up here and end up surprised. So make sure your capable of getting a decent job

20. anchorage

anchorage Member

Hi, by all means come to Alaska. I have lived here for 20 yrs. and love it. Don't listen to the negativity and bufoons on this post that try to discourage you. My job here requires lots of travel all over Alaska so I have seen most of Alaska and I want to tell you that it is huge and has plenty of room. I had always dreamed of coming here too and have never regretted it. Pursue your dream.