Italian Channel?

Discussion in 'TV' started by xdianax, Jan 18, 2005.

1. xdianax

xdianax Member

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the "RTP International" channel. At the time I had no idea what language the channel was in. It sounded a bit like Spanish, but reminded me of Russian. Anyway, tonight I passed the channel on tv and went back after I realized that they were speaking in Italian. Hoping that it was actually an Italian channel, I kept the television on in order to practice my Italian. Anyway, after the program was over it said that "this was a leased program, the views of the program do not necesarrily reflect the opinions of the station" or something along those lines. Anyway, afterward, it reverted back to the other language I had heard weeks earlier (I discovered that it was Portugese).

My question is, do they have an Italian channel on basic cable? If they have one in Portugese I would think they would have one in Italian.

:) In love,

Diana

2. WildRain

WildRain Member

Hi Diana:

Not sure about basic cable, but in researching Spanish channels on satellite, I found out that DirecTV and/or Dish Network offers channels in several languages. I'm not sure if Italian was one of them, but check out their packages on their websites...and good luck with your studies!

Cheers,
    Jeremy