Issues with sensitivity during sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Ron Howard, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Ron Howard

Ron Howard Members

Hi all! I’m a 23 y.o. that recently started having sex with my girlfriend. I’m very sexually inexperienced and practically a virgin, only have attempted intimacy with a former girlfriend years ago which never really went anywhere. The past few times my current girlfriend and I attempted to have sex, I’ve had trouble with the feeling of penetration. The head of my penis is super sensitive (or normal, depending on perspective) and I get this very tingly, ticklish warm feeling that ends up feeling very uncomfortable and I typically end up pulling out. My girlfriend of whom I love is very supportive and understanding but reasonably upset because she feels as though it’s something she’s doing wrong. There’s also other inhibitors that may be affecting things, or have already, such as performance anxiety and a potential history with “death grip.” Was wondering - does this sound like the normal, expected feeling that comes with sex, or is there potentially a deeper issue at hand?

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Anxiety is quite natural at the start of a serious relationship. Discuss it with your girlfriend by all means, but do not place undue emphasis the sexual part of your relationship, just let it take it's time

From a physical standpoint, things are only lubricated and ready to go at peak fertility points, where she will also want to feel you close.
    Messing around at other times, particularly at the start of a sincere relationship can do more harm than good. Just remember that the morning after your first awesome night is the time to start decorating the nursery. :yum:

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  3. starfield03

starfield03 Members

I think that sounds totally normal. When we masturbate we engineer the most pleasurable experience we can. Sex provides those same sensations plus more, some which we may not love.
    Keep on and you'll get used to it.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  4. starfield03

starfield03 Members

Are you using condoms? You can try experimenting with different kinds as I find they can change the sensation. Also, lube might help too, just make sure it's condom safe lube if you're using those.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Keep trying, @Ron Howard. :) You'll get to where it's second nature! :sunglasses:

EDIT: Also, condoms and lube! :)

6. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Hi Performance anxiety is kind of out of this, I would say its more to do with having a sensitive bell end with time this will subside as it gets more use.

Now the problem with your death grip is soon solved over a time scale of 3 months, you just masturbate with a normal grip. best if use some baby oil as lubrication so you get the feel of a vagina in your hand a slowly masturbate and slowly your get back to normal, its best you keep having sex as well as this will help. just explain to your women the problem and how she will help you over the problem, its just a case of no more death grip to a good sex life and no going back.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. Niscro

Niscro Members

It's quite common for the glans (tip) of not circumcised penises to be very sensitive. When moving the foreskin (e.g. during masturbation) it has a rolling action over the glans, which activates other nerve endings than a sliding action (which insertion of the penis in the vagina gives). Probably if you (TS) slide your hand over your glans instead of the foreskin, it will feel uncomfortable pretty soon. That is normal. The solution is to make the glans get used to the sliding stimulation. You can do it with your hand. I can tell from first hand experience it really works although it may take a little time. I am now at the level that I can always slide the glans (either soft or hard) and it always feel good, not uncomfortable. I am trying to get one level beyond that, where direct stimulation while wet is also possible, it's still too sensitive for that. But even now I don't have any problem to have penetrational sex with the glans completely exposed.

8. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

The OP makes one post. Returns ten days later to read up on the answers. Being not satisfied he abandons the thread never to be heard from again. My put is he has never orgasmed or ejaculated so he doesn't have any idea what it should feel like. It's a pity there aren't any sex lessons to be offered to these young lads and lasses.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

this convo is enlightening.. :D

10. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

I think BM could start lessons, keep him busy.