Israel Recruits Army Of Bloggers To Troll Anti-War Websites

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pressed_Rat, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Choosing this thread to fight that battle was a bad choice.

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Apologies. I wasn't aware this was a battle.

3. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

So, let's finally see why xexon has had so little time lately.

There's a lot of independent thinking among the population of the Pacific NW. It's why I live here.

I've been reading this independent paper out of Salem Oregon for a while now. One of many up here. I just finished working with the editor on the following article and video.

Consider it my response to zionist influence in mainstream media.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january242009/gaza_video_1-24-09.php

x

4. gardener

I think the people of Gaza would think otherwise.

5. gardener

You've efficiently shut this thread down. ARI! Much like Skip did the discussion on global warming.

6. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

The debate goes on gardener, you are the one distracting it now.

Let's put your hypocricy in perspective. What is the thread topic about? Its about smearing anyone who supports Israel as a paid agent. You yourself have answered the call and started a witch hunt for any dissenters. And you want to talk about shutting down debate?

And what has Xexon been busy doing? He's written an article calling for the boycott of Israeli academics. Now why would anybody do that? That's not a boycott of products, or politicians. That's a boycott of people. That's now allowing Israeli professors of any political persuasion to speak.

That is shutting down debate.

7. xexon

No it isn't.

We would have never allowed a nazi professor to come to the USA in the mid 1940's, would we?

Not because we hate the person who is the professor, but because of what his Nazi homeland is doing goes against human decency.

Israel is a democratic country. That means the people have to do what the government has refused to do. The way to get them to do that, is to reverse educate them. Deprogram them. They've had a limited view of Gaza just as most of the western world has had to endure. Israel blinded the eyes of the world on purpose.

Zionism has been the only mother Israel has ever known. Most of the Jews within Israel don't understand it enough to see it as a threat to them. Boycotts of Israel, A to Z, will convince them that maybe world opinion knows something they don't.

Democracy cannot fly with only one side of a story known.

This bird with one wing will soon have two.

x

8. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

NOW I normally never disagree with you.
    However we took plenty of Nazi scientists and brought them here during that time...

Otherwise your spot on!

9. jaycola

jaycola Member

Ari, as a moderator of this forum was justified in warning Xexon of breaking the well documented rules of conduct. Recently I myself have noticed a fairly large number of his posts simply directing us to another site.

Xexon's reaction to this warning was the real problem. He did not deny that he was simply posting links without comment. He just stated that he didn't really have the time to comment so he'd continue doing as he pleased.

I, Myself, have posted links and excerpts from articles and links to sites. I choose, however, prior to posting these links, to engage the Aristartle for clarification of these rules. She provided me with the clarification I requested and went on to tell me that she would let me know if my posts were conflict with these rules.

Aristartle is a volunteer in this forum and we should appreciate her efforts. The purpose of her warning was to ensure the this forum survives as an active and open forum for the debate of important topics by individuals. Otherwise we will be left with nothing except a sequence of links of diametrically opposed ideas.

Thanks Ari!

10. xexon

That's the best brown-nosing I think I've seen this century. Ha!

In regards to the professors, we didn't do it by invitation in the public eye. That was my point. We may have "rescued" a few, but it was done more covertly than not.

The world didn't really undertand the nature of boycott any more then than they do now. It has to be wide ranging and hard hitting, because you're trying to change public opinion without having to resort to things like guns and phosphorus. You work on the minds more than the bodies.

Israel has chosen the low road, and needs to be punished for doing so. They can send out all the turd polishers they want to. It's STILL genocide.

x

11. jaycola

jaycola Member

I wonder if Xexon's boycot of Israeli college professors only applies to Jewish Israeli professors or does this apply to Muslim and Christian professors working in Israeli universities?
    If the professor would publicly renounce the actions of Israel would this be enough or do they maybe have to call for the end of Israel as a natioin in public before being allowed to express opinion? Maybe we should have them sign an oath vowing never to support the actions of the Israeli state?
    I wonder how the Boycot of all Israeli products will affect the millions of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs that depend on Israeli industry for their jobs? I guess we can blame any further suffering they incur on the Israelis for not continuing to pay them when they have nothing to produce.

12. xexon

You want some more wax?

You're not rubbing hard enough or something.

x

13. jaycola

jaycola Member

Xexon calls it Brown-nosing, I call it supporting the moderator.

Aristartle and I have not always agreed in my short time here but I understand the need for moderator involvment in these forums. I have been in others that have failed due to an inability to control rogue contributors. If everyone tries to follow the rules we will have lively and constructive debate.

And Gardener...there is a Moonbeam Ontario, It's up near Kapuskasing. And don't you find some irony in Mao in a Santa hat? Your comment demonstrates more about your sence of humour than the moderator's judgement.

14. jaycola

jaycola Member

Again, you have nothing to contribute to the debate...

15. xexon

This is not a debate. This is a discussion. The rules are very different. If you want to debate on the issue, set the thread up. Formal rules apply.

I won't participate, but you'll get the debate you want from others.

I'll make it plain yet again. I share my opinions. That's all. Everybody is entitled to their own. Nobody has to like it. Mine or yours.

I have issues with people who attempt to make apologies for this racist craphole of a country. I think I'm having one right now.

You must understand something about me. I DON'T want to see Israel pushed into the sea. I don't want to see it turned into a glassed over crater either.

All I need is for Israel to be united.

Not a Jewish homeland. Not a radical Islamic state either.

An ACTUAL democracy, where being a Jew or a Muslim or a Christian doesn't count. Only being an "Israeli" counts.

Without this realization of the Israeli people, Israel has no future. Everybody living there is going to die there.

Tell me I'm wrong.

x

16. jaycola

jaycola Member

A debate need not be formal. Sometimes it is just for discussion purposes.

I disagree with nothing in this statement. I think that would be ideal in a perfect world.
    The only problem is that Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas (among many others) are controlled by Islamic Fundamentalists whose hatred of Jewish people and western sensibilities preclude this from happening.

Do you think they remove the walls and peace ensues?

That I fear is an unatainable dream.

17. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

Would we have allowed a GERMAN professor who was opposed to Hitler speak? Of course we would. Did Soviet professors visit during the cold war? Yes. So you, as usual, get the history wrong. Not that you care.

Israel is a democracy with a free academia. Plenty of Israeli professors oppose the occupation. Plenty of professors lecture on particle physics or whatever that has absolutely nothing to to with Israel. A blanket ban on people by citizenship is not free speech. Shall we burn their books too? Are you going to organise a book burning Xexon?

Tell me Xexon what other countries do you think should have their professors banned? Who else do you want silenced?

Not that I expect you to respond of course. You're not here to debate, you're just an RSS feed of anti semitism.

18. guy

guy Senior Member

i guess this site finally fell thanks to these people

skip never bothered doing anything about them and they strangled the political forums.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Spreading propaganda on the web?

Oh I heard the John Birch Society do the same thing

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

My point is that this kind of thing is probably common, if it isn’t I think governments are missing a very obvious trick that advertisers have long being involved in, I think people would be naive to think it doesn’t happen.

BUT on the other hand it should also be remembered that there are those that just have too much time on the hands and are obsessive.