Isolation survival kit

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

well if people are told to go home at the water filtration plant, get sick, who will keep things running properly? Those in Canada who don’t have clean fresh drinking water will handle it better than most, should that happen. If water pressure drops in the pipes, sewage gets into the drinking water as well. Pressure has to be maintained.

onceburned and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  2. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Oh I forgot tea! I would need tea for my survival kit,

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

hotwater and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

A well stocked kitchen. Bourbon and Epsom salts for baths. Weed. Books. YouTube for music and asmr. Netflix

I think that about covers it

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The world has suffered flue epidemics for decades and I am still trying to get my head around what is so special about this one.
    In the past, no one had the slightest interest in what was happening in other parts of the world and I have little doubt that the death toll in third world countries was quite severe, but we did not have the statistics that are turning us into paranoid nervous wrecks today.

Here in the UK, the outlook and suggestions for preventing an epidemic disrupting vital services and hospitals seemed quite sensible, but suddenly things seem to have changed.
    Yesterday, our dozy prime minister decided to poke his nose in, no doubt prompted entirely by a drop in the financial markets.
    He suggested unworkable restrictions, without any realistic solutions or methods of enforcing them. Perhaps we should throw pensioners in prison for visiting the shops, while kicking all the murderers, rapists and violent criminals out.
    Meanwhile, our daughter has been told to use more roadside warnings for minor offences, rather than making police cells a haven for the virus.

As if he was not already stupid enough in interfering, dozy Boris allowed photographers to film the crates of food that he is stockpiling at number 10. This caused panic at the shops, which by closing time looked as if they had been looted by a gang of rioters. With hundreds of people crowded into the shops, many with high stress levels, coronavirus must have thought that it was Christmas.
    Meanwhile, we could not find any eggs. Perhaps we should have gone out with a shovel and scraped up a few that the panicking idiots had dropped on their way home.

On a more serious note, the virus will run for about 18 months. Controls to prevent peaks are a good idea, but overdone, they will simply delay the time-frame. If we overdo this throughout the summer, allowing the virus to peak again throughout the following winter could have disastrous results.

On a more comforting note. It appears that ALL the people who have died in the UK, were already suffering serious pulmonary illnesses and in the final stage, antibiotics failed to prevent septicemia developing from their chest infections. This is the cause of death in these situations.
    People are not going to be dropping dead at the side of the road.

Eric!, GLENGLEN, ZenKarma and 2 others like this.
  6. wilsjane

I am having a dress rehearsal for my isolation today, :yum::yum::yum:

7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

thanks for the media. Lol. I put this in the wrong section, but now it belongs. :)
    And I have not gone into panic mode and stocked up. Just doing as I normally do, but I am cancelling going into the hospital next week, until this passes.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I would take the book "the physicians desk reference". Hollowed out. Inside, waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket, and, in case I get bored, "Werewolf of Fever Swap. No. "Don't go into the Basement"

Question: did my shoes come off in this isolation?

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  9. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Staples are out at local store. went to the store last 3 days, no milk. Yesterday one of the clerks, I know, told me she would save me milk today. So I'll see. It's just crazy.

10. wilsjane

Where about's in the world are you,?
    Eggs seem to be the latest item here in London. On Monday, Jane saw a woman drop the lot, while trying to hold them in one hand while opening her car.
    Anyone fancy an omelette

11. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Midwest, USA

12. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

If you're in isolation who would know?

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Isolation in the current situation does not mean you can't do groceries anymore.

14. Barking Spider

Barking Spider Members

My stereo and music collection. My beers.Happy!!!

15. Beach Ball Lady Balls

only if you are put in a padded cell. Self isolation, not a forced one, I hope!?

16. wilsjane

IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE

The latest panic buying is with paint. One of my friends has sold more over the last 2 days than in an average month. £3,000 to one customer alone. (he does own a decorating business).

So.....Off you all go.....Don't bother what color it is......No one is going to be bothered about your bright purple lounge once you are dead.
    Hang on a minute......Only one person in a thousand is in danger of dying......Oh well......Some people like purple.

17. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I guess the logic behind it is if gets bad enough, essential faculties such as water will shut down or become contaminated. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my dumb ass was sitting here trying to figure out what people are stapling in response to all this...

Eric! likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Fidget spinner
    Rubin cube
    Rubber band ball
    Deck o’ cards for solitaire
    Bucky balls
    A hoop and a stick

20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter