Islamic Hell

Discussion in 'Islam' started by Dirk_Pitt, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Ozy

Ozy Member

thank you for telling me where Arabic is from [​IMG]

according YUSUF ALI ,PICKTHAL, SHAKIR, and the arabic lexicon dictionary, it means enduring. [​IMG]

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/009.qmt.html

you're welcome to your interpretation, but there are other ways of looking at it apparently.

still no luck. [​IMG]

he punishes the person, but one of the attributes of Allah is All-Forgiving, ever Merciful, is it not??

i still dont get what the issue is here. okay, so....?

yes, i showed you some other scholars. arabic isnt my 1st language, i learned standard arabic at college, so you'll have to forgive me for relying on other resources. but they did teach me a bit on how to translate words, and inshallah, i hope to do so fluently.

how do you define paradise? isnt it complete submission and unity with allah? like you can say: you are "one" with God during your prayers. that's all that means.

shirk is the worst sin.

allah will automatically punish you for that. but that punishment doesnt have to be eternal!!!

that's all im saying. i do not deny that there is a hell and that there are punishments for our actions.

i do not believe and cannot understand this concept of eternal hell. and i believe that there are other ways of looking at the verses in question, and apparently other translations agree with me. it can mean enduring, lasting, but does not have to mean eternal.

add this with the hadeeth and it makes sense.

thank you.

and salaam.

2. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Ozy

Welcome =)

Quote it

And one of his attributes [005:098] Know that Allah is Severe in punishment I already explained briefly how merciful he is and how severe his punishment is, please don't repeat

You said they will be in hell for a while, HUqba, the verse was talking about Muslim evil-doers not Kuffars who will remain there for ever,

What a beautiful language, I studied the language, its grammar its history etc Alhamdulilah, I am fluent in Arabic ^^ it is not about how to translate it only, the Arabic language is a huge sea, one word could has so many other different meanings, but to know the meaning of Qur'aan then here is a different, studying Arabic my dear isn't enough, you should study Oloom Al-Qur'aan i.e. the science or knowledge of Qur'ann, very interesting, my advice to study it else where, not in school which belongs to Ahmadiyya group, then see what Ahmadiyya says if you wanna
    No, I am NOT one with Allah in my prayers, I am talking to Allah.

Which will never be forgiven è[4.48] verily, Allah forgives NOT that anything should be associated with Him

Not as you wish, or as it satisfies you, rather what Allah meant.
    I already commented on that
    you are more than welcome
    *Peace and Love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

3. Ozy

Ozy Member

other ways of looking at khalideen:

9:68 Allah hath promised the Hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters, of Faith, the fire of Hell: Therein shall they dwell: Sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah, and an enduring punishment,-

[​IMG]http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/009.asp

YUSUFALI: Allah hath promised the Hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters, of Faith, the fire of Hell: Therein shall they dwell: Sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah, and an enduring punishment,-
    PICKTHAL: Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode. It will suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment.
    SHAKIR: Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them; and Allah has cursed them and they shall have lasting punishment.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/009.qmt.html

16:29 "So enter the gates of Hell, to dwell therein. Thus evil indeed is the abode of the arrogant."

[​IMG]
    im not picking random translations here, but your translation of "Eternal" doesnt seem to be universally accepted. i've seen "lasting" used by several other people now.

thank you.

so you're saying that if someone does this during this lifetime, and then repents, they still can't be forgiven??

i dont think so.

i think it means that if the person dies, while still committing shirk that person will be punished for that.

but the punishment doesnt have to be eternal! they serve their time and they are reformed after that.

i dont understand something and perhaps you can explain this. when it says punishment - how do you interpret that punishment to be eternal?

is it not possible that word is lasting? why are all these other translations wrong? do you believe that there is absolutely no other way to look at this?

4. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Ozy

BTW: the word Khalideen is there

It has more than one meaning, go and ask them which one they meant,
    Khalifa and Arberry used: lasting – everlasting – according to Oxford Dictionary (POD): lasting adj. permanent; durable. everlasting —adj. 1 lasting for ever or for a long time. 2 (of flowers) keeping their shape and colour when dried. The word which you highlighted it isn't khalideen it is Muqeem (adj), See the first row: you find lasting, continual, non stop, immutable etc
    It is reconciled with [032:014] "Taste ye then - for ye forgot the Meeting of this Day of yours, and We too will forget you - taste ye the torment of Eternity for what you used to do

Do you know what abadan mean??????
    See row 3 & 4 you find: eternally, ever always, permanently, eternal duration
    Let's read the translations:

And if nobody will remain in Hell forever as you claim, I have a question, does that include Satan?
    And again I ask you what does Khalideen mean? Show me the lexicon.

No I didn't mean that, people who die with such belief, Allah won't forgive them? Accordingly can they enter paradise?

Everlasting & lasting have more than one meaning, go and ask them which one they meant,
    Khalifa and Arberry used: lasting – everlasting – according to Oxford Dictionary (POD): lasting adj. permanent; durable. everlasting —adj. 1 lasting for ever or for a long time. 2 (of flowers) keeping their shape and colour when dried. The word which you highlighted it isn't khalideen it is Muqeem (adj), See the first row: you find lasting, continual, non stop, immutable etc
    It is reconciled with [032:014] "Taste ye then - for ye forgot the Meeting of this Day of yours, and We too will forget you - taste ye the torment of Eternity for what you used to do
    [/Quote]
    *Peace and Love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens