Is Western Culture Superior?

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Jimbee68, Oct 3, 2014.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Cultures that do not split semantic hairs, debate dictionary definitions like the Three Stooges, and silly things like that, tend to be pretty superior if you ask me. Simply because they have more culture. They actually agree upon more things, and argue less, and cooperate, and enjoy life without having to spend money to feel good. I know these are strange concepts, but culture is difficult to explain to someone who has never experienced much of it.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Simple question:

Is Egypt in America or the Middle East? What about Greece?

Blue print for civilization?:tearsofjoy:

It would seem the west has taken ideas from an Arab nation would it not?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

its all white supremacy.. ya..

4. unfocusedanakin

Jesus was not a white man. Just going off of where he lived in the world he is not that race. Allah was not white nor was Buddha.

It would seem the leaders we whites still follow today were not white or western as well. All men have Buddha nature. It's ignorant to assume only a white man would have morals or love. That is the main alt-right opinion on this issue. White people are just better and they can figure out moral concepts and implement them in goverment in a ways others can not.

5. wooleeheron

Egypt and Mesopotamia invented most of the technology the Greeks elaborated upon, while the Roman contribution was to take it out of the hands of established royalty and use bureaucracy to support the international conglomerates instead, leveraging the greed of the wealthy against their own royalty. Modern democracy and economics owe their existence to the wealthy eating each other alive whenever encouraged to do so.

6. unfocusedanakin

That does fit well with modern America. Everything is money and competition. It's seen as the only way way to govern. The idea is to die with the most toys and give nothing back.

To me it's really just an extension of a monarchy. We all think we should be king and want a goverment where kings exist. Only difference is we think you are not born into it you earn it. When people say western society is best they are usualy referring to this lust for money. They want to be king and if you don't you are the problem. No concept of getting past kings in the world.

7. wooleeheron

Until modern times, 99% of the world were slaves or a step up. Knights could cut your head off without having to answer to anyone, while the average person was lucky if they traveled further than a hundred miles or so from home in their lifetime. Starving peasants don't want to be king, they just want food. The whole survival of the fittest tough guy bullshit, merely expresses the dualistic nature of their culture and how it is designed to become aggressive whenever they start fighting over money. Their lives were more boom and bust, and their culture allowed them to both bow down to authority when necessary, and kill each other when grabbing that cash with both hands. Western culture is better suited to insane pioneers who have no clue what they're doing. Anybody raised on a farm knows what I'm talking about.

The Irish and other immigrants did not come to the US because the wealthy were kind and generous or because they even knew how to spell their name. Anyplace was better than where they fucking were. People who grow up in ghettos and impoverished small towns know exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Knights could cut your head off without answering to anyone. :tearsofjoy:

Fuck you come up with some shit.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes, Western culture is superior but that doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t learn from other cultures.

We're not perfect but we stride to be, and can learn a great deal from others on how to improve ourselves

guerillabedlam likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

Knights were normally given 2,000-4,000 peasants to do with as they pleased. The religions that survived tended to support the king. The peasants were deliberately kept ignorant and distanced from any suggestion they even had political opinions. Slaves will sometimes fight their liberators, and peasants would fight invaders, because it was the only life they knew and becoming something more than a peasant was out of the question.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh pish posh. Knights were sects over every dynasty in medieval Europe and beyond. Which knights are you referring to?

12. wooleeheron

Asian knights were more brutal in that regard, raising peasants the way you might raise cattle and never tolerating the slightest display of disobedience. They had no education and worked the fields from sun up to sun down, watching each other to make sure everyone pulled their weight, because heads could roll if they did not produce enough. During the 400 year long warring states period, the peasants starved themselves episodically in order to afford to feed more babies, so they could surround their enemies before they were surrounded. A Twilight Zone nightmare that is worse than fiction, and makes Planet of the Apes look romantic.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well which Asian knights then?

I just looked at google, and under "Asian knights" not only did zero results get returned, but the only relevant link was a question asking 'have any Asians been knighted?'

This is an epic fucken fail bro. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

If you're gonna make shit up, at least have 70% of the story factual with a bit of a bend of the truth. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

"Asian Knights" :sweatsmile: I'll sleep well later.

14. wooleeheron

Look up the Knights who say "nee".

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Mate, you would have gone out better had you just not replied. :sweatsmile:

You took a route directly into my kingdom of knowledge. I consider you wounded and unfit for battle. Go, clean up and look after yourself. And for God sakes man, have some pride!

16. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

My unapologetic answer is a resounding Yes. What would You prefer, being jailed in Europe or in Syria ? Would you like to be trialed in China where a functionary can administer you jail time without judge, jury or trial, or Your preferences go towards, say, Canada ? How about having to deal with russian police ? Maybe it is best having to do with Finnish cops, right ? Or being questioned by the police of Egypt, over Scotland Yard ? It is not a matter of being liberal, it is just the blatant truth. Anyone calling me a racist here is just a bloody cretin, it is not about race, at all.

17. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Sugar, alcohol, tobacco and vape often has the west by the balls. No willpower.

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

What metrics are we using?

Anyway, U.S. News And Consumer Reports, in partnership with BAV Group and Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania, did a quality of life study based on the following:
    • Affordability
    • Job Market
    • Economic Stability
    • Family Friendliness
    • Income Equality
    • Political Stability
    • Safety
    • Public Education System
    • Health Care
    Based on these criteria the top ten countries are:

1) Canada
    2) Denmark
    3) Sweden
    4) Norway
    5) Australia
    6) The Netherlands
    7) Switzerland
    8) New Zealand
    9) Finland
    10) Germany​

A full list can be found at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

Of course, it's possible that a person could be from a country that doesn't place any value on the criteria used to rank these countries. There will always be subjectivity.

19. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Feels like this question should have been asked before page 5.
    ...as well as this point before page 5.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the rest make sense, but how do you measure this one? what does it even really mean?