Is WattsApp any good?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Boozercruiser, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Can any of you kind people advise me whether or not I should go on WattsApp?
    To tell you the truth I don't really know much about it, but a friend is asking me to get on it.
    She says it is better than E. Mail for a lot of things, and better than texting which I do a fair bit of anyway.

For your information I came off Facebook a couple of years ago, and I don't and have never done Twitter either.
    Having said that come to think about it.
    Any thoughts about Twitter would be very nice also.

But your opinion on both or just one would be very valued thank you very much. :smiley:

[​IMG]

Scottishdk likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You have to accept Facebook policies if you use Whatsapp. A reason for people to not use it.

I do use whatsapp because everyone else i know does for this kind of messaging. That's the main reason. It's handy but so would an alternative be i reckon.

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

It's just another message app, except being owned by Facebook you know every message is scanned, your demographics scrutinized, sold, resold and used for commercial purposes.

4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

My family uses WhatsApp to keep up with activities and photos. It works for us.

5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The only real good about it is you can use it for international calling and texting without the regular cost. When my daughter went to Europe, we used it and it worked. Places like Dubai will have it shut off or you have to pay one of the local members of their royal family some exorbitant price to use it, or to use Skype. They claim to own the network portion in their country and want the cash. In some countries the local Gustapo will come looking for you if you make an international call.

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Good for group messages. :)

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

It's great if you have friends/family that live overseas. I use it with my grandparents a lot

ZenKarma and stormountainman like this.
  8. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

WhatsApp will no longer be available for older phones. Most especially iPhone.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You don't need people in your life with old phones.

Candy Gal likes this.
  10. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

True. But just saying. Lol

11. Boozercruiser

Thank you for your posts folks and I will just have to think about all your views.
    Bit worried about Zen Karmas comments though, because I came off Face Book a few years ago, and totally deleted my account for those sorts of reasons.

But I can see that some quite like WattsApp for the good reasons given, so it sounds like caught between a rock and a hard place,.

I do texts of course, but anyone got something to say about Twitter?

12. Viber is better mate.

13. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have unlimited calls and text messages within Australia and 60 minutes for overseas calls a month , so I cannot see its usefulness.

14. It's better because the hidden costs of unlimited calls and messages are shown up on your data usage.

My whole family use viber and messenger.
    Viber is a free app that helps you to connect to people overseas.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It also allows the government to not ready your text messages.

16. parua

parua Members

Gotta watch out though...if one of your buddies sends an x-rated meme, it saves to your phone if you click on it to view (unblur). Then, you'll look like a perv when you open the gallery on your phone to show a coworker a pic of your kid's graduation.

Meliai likes this.
  17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Jane has it set up on her mobile phone, purely to make voice calls to her friends and family back in Cork (Ireland). We have now cancelled international calling on our home landline an it has saved us some money. Everyone seems to use it in Ireland.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah haha. Done that a few times. :p
    Hey look at my cute dog. :) oh no wait up, that's Friday night on mdma and my ass right there. :p

fundoo, Orison and parua like this.
  19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When someone saw a picture of our daughter in her uniform on Jane's phone, they thought that she was a 'stripogram'. :yum:

parua likes this.
  20. Boozercruiser

Provided I can have your WattsApp details, and I get to see your cute dog and your ass right there Irm.
    WattsApp it is then!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020