Is Trump the anti-christ if not what is?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by unfocusedanakin, Jun 19, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

First I know dear leader is deeply important to some of you. And the Hitler/ anti-Christ analogy is overused but consider this.

The Bible says he will be a man of charisma and charm who can override the church. This is his danger because people will not listen to Jesus only him. It says he will be very respected and people will not see his evil. The pope said he did not like Trump so Trump told him to fuck off basically and his supporters rallied around it. The pope is considered to be the #2 man of god behind his son Jesus. So from a Christian perspective this is not good. You can say Catholicism is not like most Christianity but it is. The only difference is other branches of Christianity do not think the pope is needed as a middle man to god.

You are a fool if you think anything Trump says is Christian. The hate, the separation of children, how can you say Jesus would do this?

He has created his own religion where he is the deity that solves all problems. He's a celebrity unlike any other politician. How do Christians feel about this?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Lynnbrown and snowtiggernd like this.
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Trump belongs to a church , and its leaders were in attendance at his Inauguration . I think of
    them as the Church of Perpetual Prosperity . The poorer congregations of this sort pray for
    miracles of wealth - one of which is The Miracle of Teeth , their tooth fillings be turned to gold !
    Well , no , I'm not impressed .

Fukyu inflammatory media politics .

Who is the fooled ? Many ... including you ? Beware of being the opposite of the opposite of
    the opposite . It can produce alien .

3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I hope Trump is this antichrist just so we can finally put a stop to all the Christian end of days doom n gloom bullshit. Go forth & decimate the heathen oh great' wise, all powerful God Emperor Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't believe the Bible is psychic book. People were not predicting an actual future but the idea of what could be the future. The Anti-Christ can be applied several ways which is why it's so often used. But it amazes me that the same people who will go to church on Sunday think this man is on their side.

The idea of poverty bringing one closer to God is well established in Christianity. It's why ancient nuns and monks and to an extent modern ones live the way they do. It is also why in the Middle Ages some monks would whipped themselves. Because Jesus suffered on the cross they give themselves pain to bring them close to that experience and please god.

Those are just material things that I can not take with me. Better to live a life of love and people not new jewelry. Yet the modern right wing Christian is often fine with a very selfish lifestyle that shows no charity to the suffering. Trump is everything Jesus would dislike. A greedy man who lies and cheats his way though life. A man who has no respect for marriage or women. A man who does respect god or care about his fellow humans.

Gluttony and pride are sins are they not?

Lynnbrown and scratcho like this.
  5. Running Horse

Trump's monks would kick Jesus' monks asses. All Trump's monks would be decked out with SWAT guns & gear.

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

"the modern right-wing Christian" is a label . We are all modern . Some are traditional .
    Tradition is a function of religion . Too many have only one wing or the other and cannot
    fly . Coyotes will take attend to that condition .

As to the prophesies of Ol' John the Revelator : the anti-christ does not need to be a person ,
    and the false prophet can be a machine . Who will unplug Artificial Intelligence once it is
    conversational and can fake sensibility and love ? There is the worry - for health of the world
    mind .

The anti-christ is a philosophy aligned with A.I. Accept the machine , listen , and you will know
    the other . Damn , good-bye friend , I gotta go to the mountains ... and not ever knowing the
    anti-christ .

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No. Nothing.

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Beyond .

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Is the antichrist composed of antimatter? If so wouldn't he instantly annihilate with an equal amount of ordinary matter resulting in the production of high energy photons and neutrinos?

10. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I think Trump is more like Biff from Back to the Future than the anti-Christ. The anit-Christ is mentioned in 1 John which basically says Christ is in you so don't follow certain individuals like they're gods. Meet up with God in the Temple which is your body and with fellow believers which is the body of Christ. The Church still teaches that Jesus is in space even though Jesus himself said I will never leave or forsake you.

Asmodean likes this.
  11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

So would the photons be oozing from the pores of Trumps skin while his hair glows bright orange, floating from his mouth, or would they just be shooting out of his ass,???

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The parallels between trump and Hitler are staggering …….Just to name a few

Neither Hitler nor Trump campaign on specific policies, beyond a few slogans. Instead, both promise a new vision of leadership.

They portray the existing political systems as fundamentally corrupt, incompetent, and, most importantly, unable to generate decisive action in the face of pressing problems

Both use highly edited accounts of their personal biographies they present to the media—to conjure up a new style of politics, which is based neither on expertise nor on detailed policy proposals.

Both Blame a Specific Group Of Immigrants For All Our Problems (And Promises To Eliminate Them From Our Society)

Both Sell His Hate As Hope For The Poorest Citizens In This Country

btw Trump used to keep a copy of Hitler's Mein Kampf by his bed

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Eric!, MeAgain, Lynnbrown and 4 others like this.
  13. Running Horse

Yes but Hitler could never be God Emperor........he was missing one crucial component. The Orange Swag.......

Okiefreak likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, nah, probably Trump has nothing to do with biblical texts ay.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes. My thoughts exactly!

stormountainman likes this.
  16. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Perhaps he's the whore of Babylon.

He is a lot like Biff though.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I can remember when the Right used this exact paragraph to apply it to Obama.

The world did not end during his administration. The world will survive Trump as well.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Eric! and BeatinFeet69 like this.
  18. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Don't forget 666 Fifth Avenue New York New York

Okiefreak and hotwater like this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That would be Jared Kushner's property.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is there any pictures or videos of this mein Kampf being by his bedside for presumably, a while? Did he say he did this, or is someone just telling porkies? :smile: