Is this okay?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by gretaoto, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

No you do not:

5. Do Not Use an Apostrophe with Possessive Pronouns

Because possessive pronouns already show ownership, it's* not necessary to add an apostrophe:

* yours
    * his
    * hers
    * its*
    * ours
    * theirs

However, we do add an apostrophe plus -s to form the possessive of some indefinite pronouns:

* anybody's guess
    * one's personal responsibility
    * somebody's wallet

* Don't confuse the contraction it's (meaning, "it is") with the possessive pronoun its:

* It's the first day of spring.
    * Our bird has escaped from its cage.

Taken from:

http://grammar.about.com/od/punctuationandmechanics/tp/GuideApostrophe.htm

Hope this helps :)

Back on topic, it looks like a fine start to me, just try to be patient!

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i would think to anyone conscious of their appearance patience is key when doing it natural..

i still have a lotta loose hair etc.

they will eventually be the dreads you want. it just takes longer..

3. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Lol thanks Merrivale...I think I kinda knew all that. Just threw me because I haven't written the word yours for a while. You should sticky that; it would save me some grammar crusading :p

4. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

Thanks everyone

hippyhillbilly, I love your signature

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

as your dreads mature you will find you love the crazy ones most the ones that stand out not blend in
    i dated a girl whos moms dreads formed a natural peace sign (1 dread branching into 3)
    most of my dreads have unique lumps and weirdnesses to wnm one even used tio resemble a dragon thing till its eyebrow went wild
    and thats the thing, even when mature they continue to evolvre 1 used to end in a flat tail with 2 fuzzy ends pointed outr in a v, over time it turned into just a question mark
    i swear if i go 3 weeks without looking at a dread itr wont look the dsame as the last time i looked at it
    and thats after 18 years
    they get set in theyre ways,l but jever really stop evolving..thank god because that would get boring..i love how its always a never ending discovery..what new fun thing will they do next?
    a hole an inch long spontaniusly opened in the middle of 1 (seperated into 2 dreads that came back together as 1)
    the 1that used to be closest to as blunt end (flatt blunt squarish end) suddenly 1 day threy out a thumb like its ready to hitchhike away (a thin spikey dread just apeared jutting out the side)
    they keep changing and evolving everytime u look at em pravcticlyt..it keeps it interesting for the long long journety...learn to love the adventure early and u wont have a single day of disatisfaction

6. munky

munky Member

a couple of mine are like that,but don't worry they will straighten out with time.